Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many O2 sensors are there in a 93 LS? I have heard there is only one and it is located under the car. Is that right? Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
there is too if u look staright down when u open the hood if u have had moved the stock air filter u will see it both eof the are on the exhaust

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JPMX6GT said:
There are a total of 2 O2 sensors in a 93+ MX6 LS. They are both located on the exhaust manifolds (headers)
Thanks! How can I test to see which one is acting up and causing the check engine light to go on and off? I have heard you all talk about using a paper clip or something to ground a fuse but was having trouble understanding all of that. Could you explain it in idiot terms because I am a real idiot when it comes to car electronics. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jorge! Awesome car, too!

·
Registered
257 Posts
theres a total of 4 possible codes. 2 for each sensor. if the rear one (considered "right" one) is bad just replace both. if its just the front, then put off the pain in the ass install of the rear one til it goes. i did mine not too long ago, both of em. front took 5 minutes. the rear... bout 2 hours and some special tool for $20 that i'll never use again. http://www.autozone.com/ <-- they got em for like $60 bux. direct plug in too :D

L8R
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts