Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok the klze is fitted and not happy jan

hey guys..
jus wondering how much anyone paid to have their klze fitted?
just got my final bill (picking the car up friday)
2200 for the motor.. 1572 fitted.. the flywheel was buggered and needed clutch kit and few other minor things.. 3772 all up

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nothing. :)

ecept for consumables!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Under 5K is good for any conversion

Hell I remember back in the day a 4AGZE into a Rolla was over 5K and that was almost 10 years ago

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Is it just as case of changing the engine and ecu or do you have to do the engine loom also ?

When you take out the cost of the clutch kit, then i dont think the price is too bad.

Last weekend i did a engine/five speed conversion on the KL03 TX5. Not the best of fun and i expect it would cost close to 1G for a shop to do it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
couldn't get my hands on an ecu.. cant find one. it also needed the small black reservoir next to radiator $172.. find out tommorrow exactly what they did when i pick it up.
anyone know where i can get a klze ecu? otherwise i'll go aftermarket when i get the money.. one day..lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
engine importers/wreckers will stock ecus. they should be about the $200-300 mark. what ecu are u after, tho? what OBD loom and ecu will u be using with the ZE?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already asked them about the ecu.. they didnt have one. they reckon its hard to come by. they only bought the motor not the half cut.. so they said.

i thought if i got a stock klze ecu and loom and then unichip it.
but its going to run off the stock ecu for now. not sure about the obd loom, i have to check out forums to learn about it:freak:
i'm learning........

but any other ideas would be gr8..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok got my car back and really p$#$^%ssed off

got my car back... 2044 bucks cause they had to overhaul my distributor (was backfiring and playing up a week b4 i took it in)

still has a miss in it.. they put my old IM on it, got the other one in the boot. they reckon it might not run prop with the stock ecu!! so i paid labour of them takin mine of the klze one off and putting mine back on again..

i told them i had iridium plugs and to use them if they were still good, they reckon they were a bit worn and that is the miss! why didnt they stick normal plugs in aagggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i got a feelin thats not the miss....
phew... good to get my frustration out..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts