Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that accords have almost the same sizing of our cars so I was wondering if any of these bumper COVERS would work with minimum editing.. how much do you think i would need to do ? here is a pic

got it from
http://www.impactparts.net/wayson/index.html?target=Honda.html
its the Accord 90-93 Skyline Style Front Bumper Cover 20-1003-01 Click Here

·
Registered
737 Posts
I heard it's the closest, although I haven't measured it up or anything. mxicer said that was the one he had modified to go on his 6. I don't believe he knows how much it was modified. If the deal doesn't go through with mxicer, that is the one I was gonna get to make work.

G

·
well having worked with many body kits, i can tell you its extremely rare for any bodykit to match right up, some modification always has to be done. I did a 97 eclipse, phew dont want to get into that one. But anywho, the accord is very close , but so is the R33, accord bumpers are easier to obtain though. so yea, you really wont know what needs to be done until you personally get it up against your car's nose. wish you the best of luck.
jeff

·
Registered
273 Posts
that is awesome, this cover is it possible to take off you factory and screw it on or do you have to keep your stock one? i know adam turbo molded a hammans bwm cover to his stock bumber

·
Registered
737 Posts
This would most likely take the place of yours. It would attach to your bumper supports, it would need brackets made though. I am thinking about doing this, at least getting it to see how much modification would need to be done. Also, I think adamTurbo has made a few different front bumpers, if not then maybe he has changed his a little bit. I think I remember seeing more than 1 style of bumper on his car.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those bumpers are more expensive.. the accord covers are only $144.. drsjr1980 if you do go through with it can you post an tell us how its coming along ?

·
Registered
707 Posts
those bumpers are more expensive..
true, but at $237.00 i can have a r33 front end which is the easiest mod any of us have seen, such as jules22 seen here

minus the tape hoding it up, but more like this kit

and this is the front being sold for $237.00

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yeah, mxicers' got a lot of stuff going on right now, more important things. If nothing happens by April, I will have an Accord front bumper on my car. I plan on painting the car around then and am going to have a bumper ready to put on as 1 project. I'll defenitely post it too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i might try this too, i have a prelude xs rear rap and blitz prelude sideskirts cut and put back to gether to fit my car and that accord cover is pretty gnarly i can also get that alot cheaper through a commerical account i have, ill post more when i have more information

G

·
Guys, modifying a front bar is more work than you think. Making a R33 fit your fender lines is not easy.

FlipJunkie modified this accord front bar to fit his, and it was a rather long and painfull ordeal.

SixSick, Back me up on this.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Guys, modifying a front bar is more work than you think. Making a R33 fit your fender lines is not easy.
im sure many of us realize this, but it's really our choice what we do with our own car, if we wont them to look different than we have to put the work and money into them then to make it the way we want it to look like, not how you or anyone else want our cars to look like.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i didnt realize it was more work than i thought, forget it then, ill either not do it or go to a body shop and ask them to do it for me.. ( how much do you think that would be ? not that much right ? when I say not that much i mean like $100)

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am throwing a guess out there of about $500 maybe more for a shop to get it to fit really depends on how much work is involved and how much they want to take out of your wallet

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aww that sucks, guess ill just do it my self then.. couldnt be that hard right ?cut, stapple, smuther ,dry and paint..

·
Registered
737 Posts
No, it is that hard. I have worked with fiberglass and resin before and it's not easy. It takes time, concentration, and patience. Or you can "cut, stapple, smuther ,dry and paint.." and see how that comes out, probably not too pretty. I say give it a shot, but keep in mind that a body shop charges a lot to do this right. It's because it's time consuming and slightly challenging. Good luck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have to agree with drsjr1980 I have had friends try to do there own work and didnt take there time and it came out ugly. So if you are gona do it your self take your time I would say to take at least a month to do it and make it look really nice and smooth.

·
Registered
273 Posts
it will take a month if u don't know what your doing, me and a friend who works at a body shop cut a late model prelude bumber in three spots and refiberglassed it and sanded it in 2 days.(working 5-6 hours a day) so if its your first time it will take a while. but if you are going to do it get someone who knows what they are doing, i did an impreza rs and ended up throwing it way b/c it was ugly.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
getting everything smooth is what takes the longest. if you decide to go through with it, plan wisely or you will be investing a lot more time effort and money than you need to

·
Registered
40 Posts
Evo had the rear cover off of the 90-93 accord, with minor mods, it if pretty good if you ask me. and i believe that the side skirts are off of the 96-2000 civic, i believe. i really like that r33 style front also, i was thinkin of getting it once i have money, cuz my friend weston, has all the things to do fiberglass work, he did it to his g/f civic it looked tight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts