Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, this is my first time posting. Im just curious how much horsepower my 94 MX6 LS V6 is putting out stock? I also would like to know what things i could do first to make a very fast MX6. I know its only a V6 but, i've heard these cars are caplable of very high speeds. Oh, im not a drager, im a street racer. I like busting civics and other imports, but its just not enough. I want to blow people away with my car. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. Another good key ingredient, im not rich. lol

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
160 HP. The 93s had 164, so to make your car faster, swap in a '93 KL-03 :p . Seriously though. You could do a jspec engine swap for close to $1200 total (KLZE), you could turbo it (like SolarSlash or GoatCrapp), you could put it on the old n2o, you could add CAI-Headers-Exhaust, port and polish the various stuff, get a cam regrind, higher comp. pistons, put in 2 motors, do the IAT mod (see second gen forums), strap a rocket to it, sell it and buy a first gen GT (heh heh heh), etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
or you could buy a 1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD...
lol if he wanted a nice size paper weight sitten in his driveway....j/k lol those cars are fun as **** but a number of people i know with them are fixen them more than driven them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true, they are a high maitainence car and 'could' nickel and dime ya to death, however they are fast and yes...the are "****** fun" hahahaha!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
usmcjarhed said:
true, they are a high maitainence car and 'could' nickel and dime ya to death, however they are fast and yes...the are "****** fun" hahahaha!
High maitenence is putting it lightly. And frankly DSMs are not fast stock. They just can be modded relatively cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For civics?

All you need to start out is intake exhaust and a mx-3 flywheel. Maybe a clutch and a STS. That Talon is BS. Stick with the basics first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts