Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of buying a series 2 rx-7 but it needs to be engineered because it has a 13b in it instead of a 12a. Im wondering how much these cost? Doe they take long? And anything else you can tell me.

Also i cannot seem to find much info on google on vehicle engineers and there locations. Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well ive tried 'vehicle engineers', 'engineers report', 'vehicle engineers cost' etc etc on google and no luck really. Has anyone here ever had to get one if so how much and where (if in melbourne). Its just a simple 13B conversion i was surprised they couldnt just change over the engine numbers...

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
As an example.

NSW's RTA (Roads And Traffic Authority) have a list of engineers on file.

So if your were is NSW's, you would just go in and get a list, then call up the local engineers and take it from there.

Now these engineers are independant and there are no specific guidelines on how much they can/should charge.

I cant talk about VicRoads etc, but it should be something similar.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My uncle had a 13b bridgy and in an rx4 coupe and it didnt need an engineers certificate. He was always hassled by cops, and the 13b conversion was never an issue. Then he dropped a blow through carby turbo setup into it, and got farked over big time. As long as it aint turbo, then it doesnt need a certificate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
SHIFTY__1 said:
who says it needs to be engineered???
my series one had 13b and no engineers report
well apparently Vicroads are saying this...
How do you get a RWC on a car if they are saying it needs to be engineered first??? Vicroads are (language edited) annoying.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Please let me know if you get more info on this, at the moment im planning to get back into the mazda scene by purchasing my brothers 83 626 coupe and droping s4 13bt in it. Also try this forum and you might find more info on your question there. http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/index.php

·
Registered
146 Posts
more_power said:
well apparently Vicroads are saying this...
How do you get a RWC on a car if they are saying it needs to be engineered first??? Vicroads are (language edited) annoying.
just do it with out telling them. gay cops wont know difference. my rx7 was the biggest piece of SHIT and i didnt get hastled not once by cops. but i only had it for a month

1 - 8 of 8 Posts