Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know how much money you've shelled out in fines, and the amount of points you've lost. I guess knowing how long you've been driving helps too.

I've shelled out $0 in fines,
Lost 0 points :D
And been driving two years.

Touch wood that doesn't change.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
about 13 fines in as many years

Total would be 3 grand.

They were mainly 15 - 30 over. Some in the 30 - 45 bracket.

Plus one for dragging, when a police holden rodeo was behind us at the lights. 0- 140 , with the cops left for dead. Then when they caught up, we were fined for a burnout.

·
Registered
793 Posts
ive lost 14 points, 6+6+2
$180 for driving undue care/excessive noise (burnouts in the 84/626)
$360 for speeding 112 in a 60, cop droped 12kms cause i pulled over
$130 x 2 for speed cameras 69 and 70 respectivly
$512 for driving dangerous including court fees 133 in a 60, thats where the 12 months comes from
damm thats almost a set of mags
driving for 4.5 years - 11monts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have lost 3 points, and $135 for 20 over.

Thats in 3 years driving and with the tx5. Thankfully I have a full set of 12 again.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Hiim
I was 10months P's
lost licence
$2300 fine auto 3 months
3 months & bunch of other stuff
I got done for No p-plates during my suspension some how ?
Don't know how that happened.
A bunch of let off but a few fines with no points attched
but all car related. Like mooning Police and Mooning Girls High school. Plus other lude acts.
Driving with no seatbelt no control of car. I was standing with out side sunroof going down the middle of bondi. It was 1pm at night. I had no pants on either.
Got fined for exposing myself. This was a morning I was just tired just boxers on it was janurary new-years morning 2002. I get pulled over for not indictating. I forgot to put things away and button up.

So I woudl say about $3000 plus another $1500 soon.

Points the most I ever had on my licence is 4
I lost 6 one go them 8 then 9 then now soon to be 15.
Lifes good is in it

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
lost 0 points
0 fines
3 years driving

u just gotta be smart about where u drag and speed...i.e. whenever i see an newer SS holden/or newer falcon i slow down as there are lots of unmarked cops around my area...not to mention it helps when u know some cops in higher places in case things do get ugly ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
firstly RODHOG- i could not stop laughing picturing a guy driving a car sticking out of the sunroof with no pants on!!! thats like something out of a t.v show. i gotta take my hat off to u for that one my friend.

as for my own fines..... i got my licence september 19th 2002. second day i got a $125 fine i lost it in december for 4 months and a $360 fine. then on jan 29th i got busted speeding. costs due to this were: $1700 for barrister, $900! for a psychologists report, $220 for the advanced driving course.

thats bout it for my driving offences.

but rod still takes the cake imo.

·
Registered
414 Posts
well actually, i might beat rod:

got my licence in jan: 98, and same week i got done (on printes hwy dandenong 180(they got 165) $360 (and six moths susp.)
3 fines in one: fail to signal, crosed double lines, and burnout(all in one u turn) (hallam pub) :)

i swear i had finished my 12 points about 4 times. even fog lights on. (dazzle another driver they called it :) )
had just about all the speeding fines posible.. 10 times over (no bs) i jumped from suspension to suspension.
finished paying one fine here comes another(nothing to be proud)
not to mention i put fines on frineds names 2, (some still owe me points :D)

then for about 2 years had a brake. (not one fine) (that's when i got my insurance 2. (it helped a LOT.) i pay 1400 for rating 1 with suncorp. for gen 2 agreed value (20 000)

so i've had it rough,

but: i learnet a lot.

SPEED WITH BRAINS (well speeding requires no brain)
but im saying right place right time. (i can spot a cop at unbelievable distances) with all this fines i had.
my friends go :how the hell did you know.. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
One morning after leaving my house i decided to take the first roundabout at my house on the wrong side(turning right) you like a short cut, little did i know there was a copper comming from the left and he saw the whole thing, dosent pull me over, instead lets me reach 89 in a 50 zone then turns the whalers on.

It was $360 and 3 points for entering roundabout on wrong side

But he ****ed the speeding fine up and booked me for a 60 zone not 50 so i got to keep my license another 3 point and cant remember how much cash bout another $360 id say

the funny thing is, is that this was all in my first car, a 94 model excell(shape before the bubble one) its such a gutless piece os crap and i get done for speeding in it lol!

Never been booked in the mazda, but have come close a few times, they just havent been able to catch me :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
still on my P's for 1 yr and 3 months

ive lost 4 points in one go for speeding in a 50 zone
pig was following mi and i didnt noe and i was going about 60
he didnt pull mi ova yet and i thought it was a lancer so i speed up next thing u noe u got blue and red lights flasgin at ya
@- that costed mi $250 kinda lucky thou didnt lose mi licence

$100 for no P plates
recently $100 for parking

and thats all

·
Registered
652 Posts
Man, you guys make me feel like an old granny :D

Had my license for 15 years, only really started driving in the last 4-5, and all I have is 2 flash-for-cash fines (same as grumtax, $130 - a 69 and a 72). Fortunately we don't lose points on cameras here... yet. Both happened in a 2 month period.

Part of the problem is that in the '68 MGB, the speedo is in mph and because I had a modified gearbox in it, it was also -about- 10mph out. If I was ever pulled over by a cop, and they asked me how fast I thought I was going, I was going to have to answer, "let's see.. 60mph.. less 10.. carry the one... allow for wind resistance and spring deterioration.."

Fortunately, cops love MGs. Every time I got pulled over by a booze bus, the cop would without fail say I had a nice car.

The problem in the MX6 is getting used to it.. in the MG, I had to raise the rpms before I drop the clutch into first (it idled too low and had a tendency to stall).

Doing the same thing in the MX6 tends to leave black marks. Did I mention I love this car? :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
well all up it would come to about $3500...Thats a scary number, but not too bad considering i hoon everywhere and driving for 7 years.
Lost license for 3 months but kept driving....doing 90 in 60 when i see a cop 2 late and he goes the old brakes hard, u turn..well i decide im screwed anyway, so i do a few quik backstreet manouveres, hide in someones driveway and wait! Phew, so got away with that one at least.

My cousin on the other hand...at least 10 G's in fines...got receipts for em all !! and hes only 23!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Got 2 red light camera fines, both because I had cruise control on and didn't speed up for the yellow light. Must have only just gone red as I went over the line :( About $220 each, 3 points each. I only have 7 points that I can lose on green P's (NSW). Then not long after I got done by a cop car for doing 79 in a 60 zone (which really should be a 70 zone). Another 3 points + $220. Written letters about all 3, the speeding one was rejected, one of the red light ones went missing in the mail (state debt recovery office now has it grrr), the other is being reviewed. Hopefully I'll get off at least one of them as I need my license for my work, can't afford to lose it for 3 months.

Funny thing is all of these fines happened in the same month, and before that and after that by driving record has been perfect.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I feel as though ive been reasonably lucky.

been driving for 3 years (some of which unlicenced).

only fines i have copped are:
- 66 in a 60 zone (by a private speed camera operator) $125
- 81 in a 60 zone (that was fun, i saw the cop coming from the distance, and i was going over a hill, tried to lose him but he ended up getting me.. he was also the nicest officer ive ever met! i think he appreciated the chase :) ) $200
- 60 dollar parking fine which got blown out to $128 because i didnt pay it.

I've had a defect which needs a RWC to clear, dont know how much its gonna cost me all up, but no fines involved.

I've been pulled over about another 3 to 4 times for allegedly speeding, but let off with a warning.. one time was even 87 in a 50 zone, on the way home from an mx6.com meet!

oh yeah, and ive been caught driving manual with an automatic licence about twice.. let off everytime aswell.

once i was in mansfield on my way home from mount bulla, i got pulled over and when the officer came to the window he goes "oh its you, sorry".. and then got back in his car and kept driving!!!.. the girls in the back seat were impressed :cool: .. i was just confused.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had 0 till i got the mx6

within a year of havin my mx6 i managed to get done the first weekend i got it 28 over in a 60 zone and then 2 months later i was racing my friend along burwood hwy and was clocked doin over 120 in a 70 then they decided to chase us (no lights) and see what else they could get us 4 (friends car was an evo 3 lancer) suposedly they said they had trouble catchin up to us and when it came time to pull us over i decided(stupid me) not to stop but to take off and well yeah they got my plate number and tried to book me on 7 different charges including the over 120 in a 70 , over 120 in a 60 (through the dandy ranges) failing to indicate while overtaking(sorry didnt know when ur being chased to indicate where ur running 2 lol:p) overtaking ova double white lines and lotsa other nice stuff...... yep they wernt happy that i got away and they had to track me down 2 ah well $2000 fine and 9 month loss of licence i've learnt my lesson this time :( and 4 the record it was late on a sunday night and no1 else was on the roads at the time and the police agreed to that but suposedly they said some1 could be walkin there dog through the dandy's (pitty there is no footpath) and what some1 would be doin walkin there dog after 12 at nigth is beyond me needless to say i know its all my fault and i accept my punishment as they say do the crime do the time and its all better than goin to jail

·
Registered
454 Posts
Had my p's for nearly 2 years now:

1 speeding fine...alleged speed 136km/hr. Booked me for 124km/hr - 3 points and a few hundred bucks

6 Citylink fines - $100 each

2 parking fines - $100 each
(the 2nd time had my car towed away - cost me $170 to get back)

1 fine for no p plates - $100

Not too bad, always been able to spot coppers. Don't really speed anymore. I save that for "private roads"

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
35 Posts
'88 Magna Wagon

103kph in an 80 zone, trying to get away from a car that had it's high beams on. Cop was ahead with a radar gun. 2001 New Years Eve in Pakenham bout 11.40 at night $200 3 points

141kph in a 100 zone, cop car with radar out the window. 4 month suspension, ignored, drove like an angel the whole time, pakenham at 9.30 at night $320. 4 points

'89 Mazda MX6 Turbo

79kph in a 60 zone, bullsh#t one, over took an AU falcon at low speeds over the railway line in ormond and somehow i get pinged for this speed, he had to be accelerating at the time. Then i get "Not displaying P Plate" because the rear one had fallen off the window and was on the rear parcel shelf. 2.00 in the morning, $200 for speed, $105 for the plate. 3 points. Leaves me with 2points till next new years.

Then this morning i get in the window, "learn to drive, cu#t" by a guy who didn't give way and nearly drove into me in the carpark. I could see he was going to do, left myself room to move if i had to, and some how this is my fault? Probaly frustrated from driving a datsun stanza.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
black_tx5 said:
firstly RODHOG- i could not stop laughing picturing a guy driving a car sticking out of the sunroof with no pants on!!! thats like something out of a t.v show. i gotta take my hat off to u for that one my friend.

That was easy.
I recently let my mate drvie the Wagon and i nthe city I was jumping from the boot to the fornt seat every traffic lights.
yeah I got looks, They coped a brown eye.

Well just to make you feel even more normal.

I was with a mate in his very defective, GTI corrolla.
SO to piss both cops off , they were deffecting after just driving by them.
One female, one male typical love budding pair just looking for browwnie points.
I acted GAY. Not normal GAY I MEAN GAY SO FAR OUT GAY, you could put me that Queer guy show and wouldn't know the difference, in fact I would make them look straight.

My Mate was trying to hide tears, I even told the Cops he had a NICE BUTT and his patner should lay off eye liner and Moisturise more, she had dry skin.
When I siad she had too much Mascara, they just said get it raised fined and bye bye.
I got bagged for about oh the rest of my school year and life. Not for acitng gay but knowing too much about womens products.

I know I could just be a good boy and not get done but where is fun in that.

It's like me ever getting married - If I do there will be sex everyday for next 25 years, even if it's not with the wife @-

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow, there's over $22, 000 in this thread so far.

I'll add numerous speeding fines, driving an unroadworthy vehicle, following too closely, failing to obey traffic signal, wreckless driving, failing to wear a motorcycle helmet, towing an unroadworthy trailer, failing to wear a seatbelt. You name it, i've been booked for it. Been driving for 8 years.

Well over $3k, i'm not going to work it all out! I've had one 3 month suspension, and 1 12 month good behaviour bond which i breeched, and was again suspended for 6 months. Both of these were for incurring too many demerit points.

I was pulled over on the highway a few weeks ago for overtaking a marked police car. He 'estimated' i overtook him at about 102-103km/h. Asked me who the hell do i think i am, and suggested i have my car checked. It's moments like these that make me loose just a little bit more respect for 'em.

My traffic history is not something I am proud of, at all.

Drive safe guys! :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Caleb-TXFIVE said:
My traffic history is not something I am proud of, at all.

Drive safe guys! :D
You lunatic ! :lol: :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts