Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
total to do a complete install for a KLZE in an mx-6? Does anyone know? I got a general idea from the posts, but I am seriously considering buying the KLZE for my mx6. I'm trying to figure out how much more I'll be spending to buy the engine and have it installed properly. I heard that it is a pain in the a$$ to install, so I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me on pricing. I basically need a general idea of how much the engine and any necessary modification parts needed to make it fit and run properly in L.A.? If anybody knows, please reply to this post. Thanks.

Drex

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would guess about a couple grand. I'm not really sure though. I know that you can get an engine for about $1500. The engine is really pretty easy to install. Everything just bolts on since it's basically the same engine. Cork Motorsports does the install and ecu remapping for about $500 if you buy the engine from them, but they also charge a lot more for their engines than other places do.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The only modification you should need it to tap the EGR system into the intake manifold to pass emissions testing. As for actually bolting it in it would be a straight engine swap, as the blocks are the same with the same mounts and electrical hook ups. Only problem there might be is if you have a 96-97 model, OBD-II creates a set of control hook up problems as the Japanese market cars don't have this and you have to have it for emissions testing. It'll throw so many error codes that you won't even make it on to the dyno for the rolling test.

G

·
well, i was looking at corksport again, and their prices arent that bad...yeah, 2200 for the engine but it also includes the reprogrammed computer. so, really, its about 1800 for the engine, which isnt that much more. personally, all my dealings with corksport have been outstanding and i wouldnt mind paying the extra money to them cuz i really trust the parts they send out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about...

getting a KLZE from Japan Direct. I was planning on getting one from them for 1495. How reliable are they? I'm assuming that corksport has new engines, but I know the one I'll probably get will be used. I was also planning on buying the 2 1/2 year warranty from them. Thanks for all your help. I wanna get this done before Christmas, so pretty much I'll have a great Christmas gift. Also, do either of you know anything about maintanence on this engine or how hard it is to get parts for this? If everything else is pretty much the same then I should have no problem. Thanks again.

Drex

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm getting mine from them next month. I haven't really heard anything bad about them. I would trust Cork to get me a better engine but I just don't have the $$$ they want. Talk to MX-6 Boy. He has one from Japan Direct and if I remember right he had a problem with it right after he got it. They took care of it without question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts