Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i get nitrous (50 shot) how often will i be able to use it w/o damaging my engine? Sorry if this question has been asked before.

·
Registered
283 Posts
how did u get a syatme to fit in your car and how much was it

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
u might want to look at probetalk.com and do a search there they most of the time have great topic about NOS.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
xTSTONEx said:
If i get nitrous (50 shot) how often will i be able to use it w/o damaging my engine? Sorry if this question has been asked before.
A 50HP shot is quite mild, comparatively speaking. If you ensure that every time you shoot you've purged properly, the tank pressure is good and most of all you've got the fueling side of things sorted out, you can probably shoot at will without adversely affecting your engine.

The key to engine longevity when using NOS is ensuring (a) you've got fuel to match the NOS, (b) keeping the NOS jetting reasonable to keep power levels sane and (c) keeping the engine from detonating. Only fill with 92+ octane when you plan to use it.

Remember, you've got skinny little connecting rods and cast pistons in that V6. Upping the jetting (say, to 100) in an effort to beat a much faster opponent may hurt the motor. 50 should be pretty safe though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike couldnt have said it better.....yes it will hurt the motr, I am running a 95 shot now. Dont forget the higher you go the less actual power you feel ie 50 shot = 40 whp but 70 shot = 50 whp and so on. And dont forget the bigger you go, the more fills = more costly. I ALWAYS run out and I am rinning two TEN pound bottles already. $70 a fill up for both is not cheap either.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts