Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no clue how to get a good launch off the line. what rpm should i launch at? how should i do it? someone plz explain it to me? thx.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
131 Posts
When i launch, i usually dump the clutch at about 4000 rpm and punch the gas as soon as i feel grip. It has worked best for me and my car this way. With a bad clutch my times were in the 9.8 range at about 75 mph on the 1/8 mi

[Edited by Marc Pfannenschmidt on 04-30-2001 at 12:57 AM]

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i start the rpm's at about 3000, let off the clutch quickly until i feel it catch while slowly depressing the gas, then i hammer the gas and let completely off the clutch after it catches. I get no wheel spin like this, and very little shifting to second. It takes a little longer to go then just dropping, but you get going alot faster i think.

G

·
Hey I rev my engine to about 2k and pop my clutch and slam the gas to the floor. I dont get mutch wheel spin either. I have a new clutch so i hate easing off of it, its just the fact of riding it that i dont like.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe....

i always ride the clutch too much between 1-2nd gears. i dont know why. i need to stop :) thx for the replies guys

SolarSlash

G

·
how should i luanch

I have a 1989 mx6 gt It all depends on your tires and can run the same times on the 1/8 luanching at 3000 and spinning through 2nd gear as i do luanching at 2000 and just waiting for the turbo to spool either way its all up to you and the what feels right to you it will also tell you everything on your time slip im currently running 10.03 in my mx6 with 212,000 miles on it.

1989 mx6 gt
2.2l turbo intercooled
kn filter
venom 400
pacestter catback
pacesetter short shifter
custom air intake
stock wheels and tires they SUCK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts