Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just registered my 6. I can't wait to go home to slap the plates on and wake it up from its week long slumber. Does anyone know how strict the NJ county mounties and smokey bears are about having the front plate on your car? What is the penalty for leaving it off? I hate front plates and I'm thinking it will restrict air flow through the many vents that mazda so thoughtfully graced the MX6 GT with. Florida only required one plate. Next step is inspection. Know what? The car is a MY'92 and it's never been inspected before. Should pass with flying colors though.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I haven't had my front plate on for like 3 months now and I haven't gotten pulled over yet. I'm lucky though because a lot of friends of mine with civics and such HAVE gotten pulled over for not having a front license plate. Wore thiing that could happen is a fine or a court appearance to show that it's on again.

I always keep mine in my back seat just in case I get pulled over. Then my story is that someone just hit me in the front and it fell off, I'm on my way to pep boys to get a new braket.

LOL

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A fine or court appearance wouldn't bother me. What I would be worried about is something like points on my flawless driving record if for some reason the policia wrote me a ticket. Any thoughts?

G

·
Watch places in Central NJ and near the shore. I have actually been accused of stealing my Probe by obnoxious cops looking for someone to harrass. But yea I get pulled over ALOT for it near the beaches.

I now keep my plate under my front seat and purposly ran it over and bent it up so I tell them it fell off and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet cause the holder is like 100 bucks :-D
<-- smart blonde

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven't had my front plate on for like 3 months now and I haven't gotten pulled over yet.
Why don't you have your front plate? Your car actually looks just fine with the plate angled and tucked down in/behind the front bumper in front of the mesh grill. One of the few cars I've seen that looks ok with a front plate. I'm hoping I can work mine into the TC kit when its installed in the next week or so and still make it visually pleasing...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Register the car in PA! (but we keep a place over there) they only require a rear plate. Not to mention insuranc savings, sheesh.
hr

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cops will rip u from your car and beat u senseless if u are lacking a front plate. The pulled me over and gave me tons of bullcrapp about not having a fron plate on. They were like are the plates stolen, fake, just because I was missing one.

On another side not my friend bought a case of fake NJ license plates that just say "sopranos" on them. My friend put them on his unregistered truck and has been driving around for weeks without having the cops bother him. I think its kinda funny...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts