Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty self explanitory. I need to know how to remove the plastic plug/clip without breaking it. (Not the part that connects the sensor to the exhaust stream, but the plastic housing which connects the wires together) I've been out at my damn car for an hour now, and can't for the life of me figure out how the freaking clip comes apart! I press on the tab, pull hard, and nothing happens. I use pliers, nothing happens.

You see, I'm reluctant to pull to hard, because I don't want to snap the plastic clip while getting it apart.

If any one has any picture of the two clips seperated, that would be a huge help!

Any and all feedback appreciated!

Broken Johnny

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
so you know where the sensor connects to the exhaust right? well follow the black wire from the sensor to where it connects to the switch. That tab that you said you pressed on, that's how you get it off. You usually have to press o nit lightly to get it off, but you probably haven't changed them in a while, so that's why they're stuck. Just hold that tabby down and pull. I'll take a pic tomorrow morning if u need it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*laughs at himself* You know what happened right after I posted this? I went out to my car and wassudden;y able to get the clips apart. D'OH! Isn't that always the way eh? Anyways, thanks for your insight none the less.

Broken Johnny

·
Registered
130 Posts
well lucky me... i was just about to post this exact question and thought "hey, maybe i should do a search, just for kicks..." lo and behold, someone had the same problem, just 3 days earlier! I guess there's alot of O2 sensors to change in the world... :p
Borken Johnny, did you have to remove anything (eg: air filter) to get at the sensors? i took my battery out but i can still barely get my hand in there, let alone 2! Haven't tried the rear one yet, but it doesn't look much easier. Any advice would be great! I would also be much appreciative of pics if anyone can undo them easily, otherwise i guess i'll just keep pulling!

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
130 Posts
so i finally managed to get the damn clips undone... took like 15mins per clip! :mad: i also removed the input "hose" to the air filter so I could get both my hands on the front clip. i'll post a picture of the undone clip tonite if i remember when i get home :)

took a while to get the rear sensor off too... it's all about heating the [shizzle] out of it and threading the round end of a 7/8" wrench over the cable and sensor!

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can somebody somewhere please take a damn pic nd show me what tab to push and what tabs to shove up with screwdriver on that plastic part?.. I would like to at least know how to unplug something and plug it back in, and I am so frustrated. I am no mechanic, but I had worked on electronics and dealt with different types of locking mechanisms on cables at a job. I am a mom, and I have learned a lot to take care of myself and family efficiently. I do not want to wait forever for a job that should be so simple. I just want to do this .. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
sos (same old sensors)

hi guys - thanks for the input this old girl (67) was also looking for answers about the connectors. i went out, pressed on that little side clip and used a par of pliers to get that thing loose. from there it was a piece of cake. keep posting, there are many of use who are DIY's out here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts