Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to change the engine oil, but unplug two plugs and drain
all the oils (very dirty, I could see the different). But I could not find the transmission fluid stick (or oil addition port). Is it possible the transmission and engine use same oil tank?

My car is 1998, Mazda, MX6, manual

Help, thank you all

·
Registered
75 Posts
NO!

The tranny oil goes in the spedometer cable hole. Its located behind the engine and can be a bi*** to remove but DONT drive the car without tranny oil!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the kindly reply, could you tell me more detail about the location? I am new to this car.

Thank Smash again

Jack
:confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Goto the drivers side and stick your arm WAY down between the master cylinder and the throttle body. Your looking for the cable that comes from the top of the firewall and goes down to the tranny. It is black and has a connector in the middle.

You can do it from the bottom easier, but you have to locate and know where it is from the top first. On the bottom, you are working on it blind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, smash

Thank you for the detail, could you me how big the cable is?
Like the TV cable?

Thank you again

Jack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yah, about that size

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, smash

Could you give me more detail?

How to take the cable out (pull or screw)? The cable has to be taken out all the way? or half way?

How much oil I have to put in? I have to buy redline oil?

Thank you again

Jack
:eek:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Look at it. There is a bolt that holds the unit down. Unbolt it and boom thats where you dump it in fill it to the top. Use synthetic ATX fluid for some reason our cars don use gear oil in the tranny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts