Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here, this will sove all your fast blinker problems, and it only took me 10 minutes to do (besides already having the headlight opened)

1) Open the headlight with the oven, 200 or warm setting for 5-7 mins and pry them open.

2) Take the bezel off

3) Dremel out the jspec bulb location so it is a wider circle.

4) Dremel the nubbins off the aspec bulb holder

5) Draw a mark and dremel out some space so you can fit a 1156 bulb through the bezel.

Finnished Product

Then hotglue the bulb holder to the housing (even though its a damn good fit already)

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Easy mod, No fast blinkers, and blinkers you can actually see.

AND opertunity to paint the bezel while you got em open :)

You could do it without opening them, but its not suggested as you will have all kinds of plastic in your headlight.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bulb fits through the bezel, and the housing. Hot glue isnt hard to take off.

Or you can use silicone. Whatever you think is easier to remove.

Changing bulbs will be a breeze.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
great minds think alike. i already did this mod but i just didnt open the lense and did not glue it. which i will do when i get the chance.
btw, i did the same thing to my jdm taillights. i bored it out and actually cut 3 opening to fit and lock the bulb socket in place.

those painted jspecs will look awesome on your car stealth. did u post the pic yet with the lense on?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I did this a while back too... except instead of taking off the "nubbins" off the aspec bulb holder, I used a utility knife and carefully cut the necessary slots around the "new" hole. This way the aspec bulb holder can twist on as it normally does.

BTW, since the dremel spins so fast the friction melts away the gray casing and "cuts" and melts the casing pretty easily... if you work slowly, you shouldn't all of a sudden maul your $300 headlights.

For those not wanting to pry their headlights open, you can use a combination of distilled water (less chance of spotting) and canned air (don't hold the can upside down!). Any last bits of moisture can be dried out in a warm oven or use a hair dryer. Just be careful with the hair dryer since the tip can get hot enough to further melt the grey casing.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
if you get filings you can always suck them out with vacum!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts