Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got my clutch replaced almost exactly one year ago

now its ****ed up, like when i give it gas the rpms fly up but the car doesnt really accelerate

its slipping like crazy
anyway i took it back to the MAZDA dealer the other day and basically what they told me was 'well we are going to have to actually check out the whole clutch assembly and see if u have abused it before we can tell u if its covered under warranty. if we think it was abused and u were racing a lot then it wont be covered and we will rape u on repair cost."

so what do i do? is it really hard to replace the clutch?

any stories i can make up to show them that i didnt abuse the thing to all hell and make sure they cover it under warranty?

i think its a piece of shit. i mean i sometimes get lazy with the clutch, and i street race every once in awhile, but how could the clutch get ****ed up so bad in 1 year? i find it hard to believe that i abused it that much.

i would totally believe that it was all my fault but seriosly these people arent professional at all. id rather not have them work on my car at all, but i dont want to replace the clutch and have to pay for it if its under warranty. hell, last time i was in there they kept giving me the runaround about when my car was supposed to be done and had me wait an extra 4 hours there, only to tell me that it didnt get finished cuz they had to order a part. they raped me on a/c recharging and fixing and never even got it cold at all. supposedly they just recharged it the other day but said it would take a while before it kicked in

please help, i need advice? do i have them take my tranny out and check my clutch to see if they think its under warranty and risk having to pay them if its not?

thanks guys i appreciate it

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If it doesn't work out with the dealer, take your losses, do a search on these boards for good repair shops in your area and look at it as a chance to upgrade your clutch. If nothing comes up, ask us straight up if there are any we recommend in your area. Find a place that is clean and takes care of you and your car.

With cars as old as ours, bringing them to any dealer is not going to be a favorable experience. Many people think that because it says Mazda on the sign out front that means the technicians are super trained by Mazda and it is the best thing to do because installs are warranteed. You are better off with a quality place where you are sure it will be done right the first time. The only time dealers are any good is if you have bought or leased a car and it's under warranty. I use them only to order parts and even that is not worth the headache. Just yesterday I called the local dealer about an owners manual. He said it would have to be ordered for $25 and I would have to come down in person to do it. Fine, but after I drove my ass all the way there, he said that the part # was invalid and it couldn't be ordered. Naturally, I got a little peeved at this and he starts giving me crap about how my car is ten years old. I had to point out to him that 1. I called in advance about the part and 2. I can order almost any other part for my ancient ten year old car.

The other time I went to a dealer, I ended up going to lunch with the mech because it took so long. I found out he had been working at the GM dealer down the road for the past eight years. Nice guy but he was a hack on my Mazda. Why after eight years did he decide to go work on imports? Shady! Sorry for the length of this but I feel it's a good point.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I would take it to a local reputable shop. The cost for a clutch replacement is about $500 for most shops, including parts. $300 is for labor alone.

Oh and 2rusty, I know what you mean about Hamilton Mazda. They can be assholes. Kenny recently had a problem with them, and took his money and business to Z&W mazda in Princeton.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Forget Hamilton Mazda... they are subhuman. Z&W is where I tried to get the owner's manual. A while back I actually had them put in a new radiator and they did that OK. There was a nice new MP3 out front that I looked at so it wasn't a total waste of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts