Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i am not resposible for any problems or damage that may occur. This is just an informaitonal thread. Try at your own risk!

Ok First off, you want to take your headlight off of your car.

I used a Mac Heat gun and sat on one headlight for 20+min. When heating up the sealant, make sure you spread the heat out evenly. And you can use a screwdriver to lightly pry them appart. Be Very Carefull, you can crack the glass lense!

Then there are 3 screws holding the outter cover on.

Then around the glass lense, there are 2 screws. Unscrew them and carefully remove the lense. Now you can see the Cutt off. the black mounting clip in the upper-left side of the projector housing, i had to break off. i could not find an easy way to remove. When installing it back in, i use some hose to fill in.

2 more screws separate the housing.

The next two pics are the cuttoff from the RHD.

As you can see i grinded down the cut-off and cut a piecee of tin to make a LHD cutt-off. I then drilled 2 holes and rivited it in place. You may not want the tin so high up. If i could easily get back in there i would lower it some.

Put it all back together the way it came off. Heat up the sealant and glass again to make a good seal. reinstall and see how you did.

·
Registered
213 Posts
DIRRTY... BIG UPS for that...
Don't suppose you have any pics of the Light Dist Pattern on Wall/Ground do you?

And Are you running HID's?

Karma karma karma karma... *waves fingers in a magical way towards ya*... lol

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will take night pics tonight. there not perfect but there better than before. And yes i put in HID's 6000k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts