Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To everyone who is thinking about buying a jdm bumper and jdm fogs and want to know how to fit them, this is the thread for you.

Tools:
1. angle grinder
2. two pieces of 1/2 in X 2 in strips of oak. go to the specialty wood section at lowes and you will find them there. They are like 12 to 14 inches long and cost $1.54 each.
3. Four bolts 3/16 X 3 in long with the matching nuts and some washers
4. Various size sockets and wrenches
5. Drill bits small to 3/16 in size and a drill.

Ok, first take your headlights off and your US bumper off.
Then you will also have to take the bumper reinforcement off too.
Now you will need an angle grinder. You will have to grind a good bit of metal off the front frame piece.

side view

Passenger side

You will have to just cut til the fog light sits in there good.

Now the fog lights have brackets attatched to the back of the light. There is one long black part of the bracket that has two holes in it. You will need to slide that part behind the part of the frame with the two holes.

Make sure it fits up in there with plenty of room.

Now get the wood and cut the strips into 3 1/4 inch long pieces. Now take the pieces and lay the bracket on top of one piece and mark the spots to drill the holes

Now drill the holes in all eight pieces

Now you will need to use four pieces of wood for each fog light. I set mine up like this.

Once you have the fogs bolted up, you will need to put the bumper on.
It will be a tight fit, but it will fit nicely.
You will have to work with the stuff to make it fit good, but I hope this will help you to JDMize your MX6

Heather

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i bow down...heather you are one of those people that help keep this site running! great write up, i really want to do this now! wish i hadn't just bough a BC and style 44 front:( I just can't ever make up my mind, i need more mx6's!

·
Registered
965 Posts
JDM tyte y0!!!

Haha, really nice. I like it.

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I know how you feel kansas. I did the same thing. First the body kit and man that car was sweet, but honestly, not my style. This one is more my style, I mean, I'm almost 30 so this one will suit me. I have a 1st gen, 2nd gen, and Mazda3, but if I could, I would have kept my blue one just to have....lol...I'm a little obsessed I guess..haha

Heather

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Super job on that :tup: Looks like a OEM fit also. Funny how they are so diffrent but it fits so good.

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah King, I know, but metal is too expensive and I wanted to get it done. I thought about a square metal bar, but I dont have the resources to cut stuff like that. I did use hard wood though...lol...the pic of the two pieces was some plywood I started to use but decided not to and just went and got some oak from Lowes to use. I looked at the sheet metal, but that stuff is too expensive but definitely an option for anyone who wants to do it that way. I mean they are only holding the fog lights on not the bumper...lol

Thanks Ruby!

Heather

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Wow Heather.. great post.. your red mx6 is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
517 Posts
so i take it you didn't use the bumper support with your jdm bumper, seems kinda unsafe to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts