Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
not to be an @ss but why are you asking? do you plan on going to home depot and make one of your own? do you have a at mx6 and bought a mt cai?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Neither, its just that the MT ones are cheaper than the AT ones and I was trying to figure out how much work and what would be needed to be done to the CAI to fit the AT. And yes I do have an AT MX6.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I retro fitted a reg dropdown cai into an ATX probe...by modifying the rad hoses to drop them down a bit more.. Then the cai (2.5" tubing) went in fine. Used a K&N #RU-3030 and all worked out fine.......'till someone swiped it from his probegt (Todzilla). He no longer has his probe. That was a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I found the filter, atleast I think I did...

Filter: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RU-3030

Also do you remember what you did to the rad hoses? I don't quite understand what you mean by you dropping them down a bit. I appreciate the help so far. Karma will be givin to you (TJ-MX6).

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Yes, thats the filter Im using.. for 2.5" tubing.
What we did was find a rad hose, with basically 2-'elbows' (90* angles), one short elbow coming off the bottom rad, and the other about 6" away, leading up. - if that makes any sence. So when looking down the right side of the rad, the hose came off the rad slightly, then to the right..and up. This left some room for the tubing and filter. Still tight..but it worked.
Kinda hard to explain..

·
Registered
262 Posts
You could also relocate the battery to the trunk and then cut out a hole between the headlight and the expansion tank and then put the air filter behind the bumper. You'd probably have to use custom bent exhaust pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts