Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

* Orange is the clutch pedal
* Red is what you need to grease around
* Blue is the rod connecting with clutch pedal (where the screw is)

It's a crappy picture, but if you follow the clutch pedal, you'll see it hooked up through a screw with a cotter pin, I think. All you do is get some grease and apply some in between the screw and around the area, both sides front and back. When we push the pedal down, the shaft in blue wiggles (not the shaft itself, but where the end of the shaft meets with the clutch pedal) and rubs against the pedal causing the squeak.

As you can see in the picture, I just got grease crazy and greased everything until I found what the squeak was. I'm too lazy to clean up the excess grease though :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: I got used to the squeaky clutch, but sometimes when I'm driving without my radio, it gets annoying. So then I just decided to fix it. And I'm extremely happy with the squeak being gone :):tup: But now, sometimes I don't even know if i have the clutch pressed or not.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No offense intended to the original poster, honest!

Isn't smearing a bunch of grease on ANY squeaking part your first move?

My hood squeaks... grease.
My doors squeak... grease.
My gas door is really hard to open... grease.
My sunroof makes a scraping sound, squeaks, and moves slowly... GREASE!

My tires are flat... NOT grease. :freak:

It's good info, but I don't really know that it is "sticky" material (grease is more slippery than sticky)

Just my unsolicited opinion as to why it may not have been done just yet.
James

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
A mod should rename the thread to have Pedal on the end of it as this won't fix the typical squeaky clutch where it's the TOB causing the "squeek".

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mosheen said:
No offense intended to the original poster, honest!

Isn't smearing a bunch of grease on ANY squeaking part your first move?

My hood squeaks... grease.
My doors squeak... grease.
My gas door is really hard to open... grease.
My sunroof makes a scraping sound, squeaks, and moves slowly... GREASE!

My tires are flat... NOT grease. :freak:

It's good info, but I don't really know that it is "sticky" material (grease is more slippery than sticky)

Just my unsolicited opinion as to why it may not have been done just yet.
James
Yeah, but this shows you where to put it ;)

I greased soo many damn things, that it wasn't the right spot, but this spot is THE SPOT!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You would want to be careful what grease you use. .looks like a good way to contaminate your break fluid. You should probably avoid get it on the “blue” shaft if you can..

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Mr. MX6 said:
You would want to be careful what grease you use. .looks like a good way to contaminate your break fluid. You should probably avoid get it on the “blue” shaft if you can..
Very good point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts