Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's disconnected, unbolted and just laying there... broke off the terminal bolt by the freaking way.

Now, I can't get it out. Can't go up, can't go down. Removed the oil filter to get as far as I did and I can't get it any further. Exhaust, drive line and/or steering rack seem to all be in the way.

I've gotta remove a whole crap load of parts don't I?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got mine out just the other day, it was fairly easy to bring it up though the top, that plastic tank uncliped without tools, and i didnt remove anything else. I just manuvered it around until it came out. The throttle cables move quite a bit and allow enough clearence. I didnt remove egr. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Yeah, I brought mine out through the top as well. Wasnt too hard, just gotta wiggle it out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yepper... After staring at the engine compartment for about 15 minutes, I removed the carbon canister and it came right out. Lots of swearing and fretting over relatively nothing.

Found a replacement unit at AuthoZone for $80.00. However, the direct fitment is a concern. I don not want to be cutting OEM plugs or anything like that.

I'll be making a stop at the store today with the old unit in tow for comparison.

NAPA also has a unit for $170.00.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go back to Autozone and see if they have one that is a direct fit... Mine I got there for $105 and it is a rebuilt original. Works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts