Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a turboed 94 probe and i have the megasquirt I v3.0 for it assembled and all i just need a diagram or instructions on how to wire it to my car. i dont know if its the same as described in this thread or not....i basically just need it to run my fuel injectors because they are bigger due to the turbo and allow too much fuel in so it wont run really at all unless in high rpm's if you could help that'd be great or even a site showing a diagram or giving instructions.

Thanks Adam

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
i can say from experience using the stock wiring harness to wire the stock ignitor got me a big fail. i think a ground connection needs to be made somewhere taht was originally made at the stock ecu.......anywho the bp one fired right up, so i didnt feel so r-tarded.....

just as fyi, im still blowing out spark on a .020 gap, stock coil, and bp ingiter at full dwell (5.0ms) new disty cap rotor, ngk plugs and ngk wires. it blows out around redline quiet often at 20psi. i still have yet to fix the problem :( was thinking of going with a different coil, these mitsu igniters are said to be good up to 35psi on low dewll

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
im at like 24 degrees on 255kpa on e85. dont think i want to push for more.

i think im either overheating the coil or igniter. theres been a few times where if i rip on it right when it reaches temp, hits full boost, the car runs like its running on 2 or 3 cylinders, and backfires and runs like crap for a minute or two.....wtf?

funny thing is i dont have this problem if i hit boost only a little bit the first few times before taking her to redline

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I have a couple questions about the wiring.. When looking at this write up it doesn't seem to match up to what's in the diagrams on performance probe that have been linked to. I'm not sure which ones to follow when building my harness.

Also From reading it seems like you're running the coil directly from the ignitor plug so why would it matter what ignitor you have in the car. I think I'm missing a step.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
So I have a couple questions about the wiring.. When looking at this write up it doesn't seem to match up to what's in the diagrams on performance probe that have been linked to. I'm not sure which ones to follow when building my harness.
Yeah, its scrambled. The pinouts are flipped right to left, but only within the individual plugs.

If you are follow his numbering convention and the pinout described is on plug2, flip that pinout from right to left(or vice versa). In other words...1E>1S, 2P>2D, 3I>3A, etc, etc.

Not sure about the ignitor. Someone else will have to chime in about that.

Gavin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, its scrambled. The pinouts are flipped right to left, but only within the individual plugs.

If you are follow his numbering convention and the pinout described is on plug2, flip that pinout from right to left(or vice versa). In other words...1E>1S, 2P>2D, 3I>3A, etc, etc.

Not sure about the ignitor. Someone else will have to chime in about that.

Gavin
Hah!! Thanks! I kept looking at it trying to figure out how to "crack" the code. I was just flipping them the wrong way. didn't even think it was per plug. I think I'll try to wire this up tonight and see what happens! Thanks again.

Ignitor anyone? :D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you're not missing a step. The BP igniters are better and have one less wire to contend with. Yes, the coil is driven from the igniter wiring :)

41 - 60 of 71 Posts