Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
you're not missing a step. The BP igniters are better and have one less wire to contend with. Yes, the coil is driven from the igniter wiring :)
Gotcha so I have to undo the coil driver to use the igniter instead correct?

·
Vendor
570 Posts
We've come out with new coil drivers in the past 2 years that don't have overheating issues, but usually we prefer to use as much stock wiring as possible anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just as a side note. after using this write up and a few mods to fire the igniter car started right up. This is an awesome write-up!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just as a side note. after using this write up and a few mods to fire the igniter car started right up. This is an awesome write-up!!
That's awesome to hear, I always wondered if anyone else other than me actually has tried it. Great to hear it was a big help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah the car has been running on it since. I've blown engines with my bad tuning and lifted heads but the MS unit is rock solid. I'm now running 23ish PSi on an N/A block and a 57Trim T3/T04E. it's all torque steer all the time. lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
some of the stuff in the write up is inconsistent with the pin out. for example the fuel injectors for the write up is a different than where the ms write up suggest and this is als the case with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This may be a stupid question but obviously you know what you are doing when it comes to this so here it comes... Can this write up be applied to a fe3 using the f2t harness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ignition settings

I know its an old thread but if anyone who made this work I would like to know your ignition options/wheel decoder settings, mainly the trigger position settings and trigger angle.

My setup is in a b2200 which I have run off stock f2t ecu setup for years and would like to upgrade to megasquirt 1 cpu with board ver. 3.

I also have a N/A b2200 with 12 valve head running ms1 fuel only just for fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The seems tough, wish we could just plug it up and tune right away. Don’t trust myself modifying my distributor. My buddy has a Miata and all he had to do was plug it up. (I should’ve bought a Miata)

61 - 71 of 71 Posts