Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anybody know how to replace the shifter cable or is this something a shop must really do because it has to be adjusted

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hughes, because i believe that's why my tranny is acting up for the third time, you see i replaced the starter and ever since then i had to force the car into 3rd or 4th gear, and if i am in drive and want to get to reverse i have to almost put it in park for the car to go in reverse and if i want to put in it in park the shifter knob would go to park but the dash light would not be lit to park and the car would roll front or back, but if i jerk it or put it in reverse then park the the dash park light would be lit and it would stay in park, it's very wierd to explain hope you understand that.
and yeah i heard that it was a B*t$H to replace!

626, it's you, it does!

·
Registered
242 Posts
i assume your talking about an automatic (should be clarrified in origonal post)

Take the center consol out get a 10mm i believe (dont quote me) gently adjust the bolt as if u were tighting your e-brake cable to where you feel its comfortable angin reassemble the center consol and wallla you fixed your problem.

1 thing i dont get is why changing your starter would cause this problem in an automatic.

hmmm
let me know if ur successful

Jimmy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts