Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's strange, I live in a college town and yet it seems like no one wants to race. But maybe I am being too conservative. How do YOU tell another car that you want to race them? I got into it with a Civic Si once, but that's because he was a good friend of mine. I kept up with him pretty good, but even though we were both trained by police on a slick, he took me in the end.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you really wanna race someone and they just dont get it then just give him a little rev or some kind of signal that you wanna run....shout it out if you have to! ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually revving the engine before the light helps! Of course it helps to have a nice sounding exhaust system. I usually don't have to bring it on, people want to test me so I don't look much. Of course when I finally see a totally RICED out Civic or something, they don't want to race me.. (it makes me think they have no V-TEC, no engine mods, just ground effects, rims, vinyl.. oh .. and I guess most ricers do have the exhaust.. although mostly just a muffler, not the whole cat-back... what I'm trying to say is TAKE ON A CIVIC.. most of them are just for show anyways.. once in a while their bite is as bad as their bark..

Remember, the intimidation factor is what gets people to race the most. Like I said, rev your engine, let em hear what you got.. then they can make the decision.. =)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Civic's never wanna race with me either...they just stare at me giving me dirty looks :D but camaros and such always pick on me ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: civics

Civics really suck, no matter how riced up they are, they are soo pathedic, with their high pitch exhaust noise, that sounds like a weed wacker(LOL). I have raced so many civics and havn't lost once. But there is nothing special to talk about. My OLd lady's Olsmobile intrigue once beat a Civic SI. So when ever u see a civic race them and laugh at them, and when u win don't let them live it down. And if there is a civic on the road that beats u tell, them to race me and i will have a beefed up MAzda waiting for them!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nose forward

When you pull up by the lights just nose forward as if you are in a hurry for the light to change, i know this really gets the other driver to try and prove his point by pulling off quicker than you , or also you can pull off slowly with the other car together and it will make the other guy think that you pulling at the same pace with him and you are struggling, just watch him hit that pedal to the floor hehe, and you just floored it as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Scooby-Owning friend debadged his '00 RS. People tail him and try to race him off the line ever since. Never happened much before. He's going for the real sleeper look. His favorite prey: rolling body kits w/ out the guts. His favorite race: a street prepared 'stang that didn't know about his 0-30 :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Over by me.. All you see in the streets are riced out Civics. I've raced so many that it's not even fun any more. But when I do, I just pull up next to them and Rev my engine (Hotshot and GReddy really help) then the dudes in the civic quickly look over and admire my car. Then when the light turns green, I pull a nice launch and then let go.. let them get ahead of me. Then I just blast by them.

If you're having propbels starting a race. I would try revving the engine until they look over. Then make a gesture stating that you want to race. But, even if the other person says no.. be wary.. Some rice boys do that to catch you off guard.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i had this dude on my ass in a 93 talon all wheel drive turbo, i did not kick it hard but i did try to speed up some but he was right there, while the next day or so he stoped at my work and said u coudl not gett hat talon off your ass, i said well i guess not, but if i woul dhave put on the brakes (haha) i would have, (newcar) well he was aight pretty cool dude knew his stuff but all he new was speed i love looks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts