Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How wide can you go with tires. For both the front and back wheels. Will a 235/40/18 fit in ours six's. Has anyone used wider? Please help, I need new tires on my 18's

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 245/45/16s on my car and the fronts rub some on the front fender lips. It's pretty easy to have those taken off though, plus I have Intrax which lowers it quite a bit. 235s should be no problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can put 18X8 on our vehicles. There will be slight rubbing, you will not be able do anything to prevent it. I have seen MX6's with rolled fenders and the owners still complained of rubbing. Ground Control Coil Overs are your best bet. They will allow you to set the perfect ride height for your new rims or body kit. One more thing, if you drive the vehicle everyday, do not put 18" wheels on your car. Stay with 17"X 8". Also remember that the wheels we were given from the factory, are the best size and weight, for the best ride and comfort with our cars. The engineers tried all sizes and weights before the car was put into mass production. So no matter what size, width, or weight, you put on the vehicle, your ride and comfort will be sacrificed somewhere. I personally went with 16"X8", because I autocross the vehicle. I still have plenty of wheel travel, but I did notice a little more hop over bumps in the road. Hopefully this was helpful to you all. Later.............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts