Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you rate ur mx6 from 10? Milage, repairs, mods? Auto tranny goes bad? lyke most madazs? manuel tranny last awhile? how does the engine and other parts run?

·
Registered
141 Posts
id give it a 9, only had disty trouble.. and yes mines an auto without any extra tranny coolers and it works fine with 127k miles on it. strange it aint failin ;) *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
138 Posts
7, only 72000 miles on my 96. A few problems would be the Valve Cover Gaskets, that i replaced, and car dies everyonce and a while...but it starts right back up...probably have a bad O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I'd give it an 8. Very few problems overall, and a great deal of performance (for its time), especially for a car that doesn't look like a sports car. Low cost, great reliability, great perfomance. What more can you ask for!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would give it a 6 out of 10, best looking car in it's price range IMHO, good performance and good handling, however it's not a reliable car, as least not my 6, I have own 4 toyota's and 2 nissan and they gave me much less problem then the 6, especially the Toyota's

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i'd give mine an 8

starts everytime i turn the key with 140,000 miles on it

everything that has gone bad on it wasnt because of age but was because of my accident and nothing else.... and i drive hard... you'd really expect something to go on it but no.. still runnin strong

looks quite sporty even with the dent in the fender... and its pretty quick

a great car for only $1300

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
11 out of 10.. .no problems that I didn’t cause my self.. The V6 motor is very very strong and quick for its size & age.
The looks are way ahead of there time it still looks like a current model all be it my one is more than10 yrs old.. And the ergonomics and electrical appointment/creature comforts are top notch..
I cant fault it..

·
Registered
414 Posts
9/10, -squeeks, they sh!t me to tears

by far best car of it time here in Aus.

it's a car everyone like to have but few do : trust me on that one.
(im talking about your average ford holden drivers) :D

realibilyty, what are you guys on, never let me down NEVER , and i drive it hard, i mean hard.)

well one spark plug broke in half in the midle of desert, but it went still in 5 pistons(with a trailer behind ) now that's reliable.

no coplains whatsoever.
love my six, mad shape, roaring engine, handles like a go kart,(No sh!t) what more do you want. ?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
8/10 - I love my car! :D

Only had a few problems, Rack and Pinion replaced, and VCGs replaced...Thats it, no other major problems...And its a salvaged vehicle with over 160,000 miles!!

Ditto the squeaks tho...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
9/10, only had 1 repair in 2 years. the front 02 sensor.. its got 63,000miles and the usual bolt ons.. ive had no issues with the manual tranny or engine, both are smooth and running nicely! I use Mobil 1 engine oil and Redline MTX fluid!
its getting to be an older car and i know the way i drive it things are gonna start to go, but i still love it, just wish the driverside door panels were designed a bit better (it keeps comming lose), i guess it shows how good a car is when ppl complain about the small things like squeaks and loose door panels..

Gekidoe, as far as i know most mazda's dont have problems with their auto trannies, there is an issue with the mx6 auto tranny because it is built by ford.. why they didnt use the jap auto tranny i dont know (they must have one in japan dont they?)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
3/10

someone ripped me off on my lowering springs on ebay so i returned my rims, someone keyed my hood and fender, my jspecs are dirty and old(over 2 years old). My muffler is rusted out at the resonator so it is loud as heck, i get a check engine light randomly, it burns way too much oil, i am waiting on my engine swap.

other than that it drives alright, lots of balls and looks pretty when cleaned.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I'd probably give mine an 8.5/10

Most of the problems I've had were a result of the last driver. There are only a few minor problems that were Mazda's fault...the paint is fading in a few spots, and the trunk leaks, but neither of those bother me that much.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
9.5/10

I have only had my car for less than a year but i love it. As far as reliability has been it has been amazing. Outside of normal maintenance, the only thing that has gone wrong since it was off warrenty is: one o2 sensor replaced, and disty cap and rotor replaced. That is it!!! I have an auto, and it runs great, no signs no failure in the near future (fingers crossed). My paint is is perfect shape, no fading, no rust, looks brand new, and cars usually dont last very long in winnipeg without rust. My parents 97 grand prix has rust on it already, and has for a while now...

Oh yeah, my car has 180,000km's on it, so like 110,000miles.

-Bryce

·
Registered
20 Posts
9/10

Only problem i have had are recentlly a water pump and that was my fault for running with a plugged heater core. All the small squeeks and rattles build up into one large rattle though... No tranny problems at all..

·
Registered
111 Posts
id give mine a 10 or better.Had only one problem the alternater was over charging.It has 228,389miles.Ive had it for 6 years and put over 100k on it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts