Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm a new sixer. Just recently bought a 93 LS v6 mtx. Got a good deal on it. It has two oil leaks and needs a new fuel filter but other than that its fine. I was wondering if there are any of yall out there in the College Station or Dallas areas that wouldn't mind being a sensei to a young grasshoppa and teach him the honorable ways of the six?

...and maybe the student could surpass the teacher :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
frog son --I am the great rstylemx6 from the forgotten city of the fort worth---I will show you the art of quan "six" doe...... I shall be your teacher!!! and guide
cal me when erver you want to get some info--817-907-5178 carlos

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sonic meet

Hey Rstyle its been a while. I was wondering if yall would mind if I went to the probe/MX6 meet on the 8th? I read about it on probetalk I would reply there but I forgot my user information!
thanks,
Bryan
(mx6-ls)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey aggiedj i think ive seen you a coulple of times but you haven't been driving your car... its been some girl with blonde hair unless that's you girl friend:) i'm looking forward to meeting you and showing you my six when i get it fixed up. She's currently on the fritz so i dont have her here in college station, but i will soon

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
you didn't see my car. There is a blonde girl that drives an v6 mx6, but i don't know her. My girlfriend does not know how to drive a standard very well, so she never drives my car. My car has exhaust, and is the only green one in town with it. You'll hear me come and go, so you'll know it's me. If you want to meet up, let me know when and where. I'll bring some beer if you drink and we'll chill for a bit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey aggiedj yea, id like to meet you some time it would be tight i think we should meet at the dixie chicken, when ever you want it would be cool cause my dorm is right across the street... so its cool=)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
well my car is out of comission right now so let me get it back and in proper order before I meet up with you. I have no instrument cluster b/c I was installing indiglos and broke my rpm needle off. Needless to say this a big hassle that is realy expensive. I'm replacing my gauge cluster with a 4cyl atx hoping it will work. The new indiglos sit on top so it should be no problem according to the junkyard and the place doing the install. I'll have by Monday so maybe after that we can meet maybe on Tuesday b/c I have no class on Wednesday.

my name is Marcus by the way.

G

·
0 Posts
HEY!!!! I'm here in the CS also; Senior, WHOOP!!! Anyway, e-mail me... I also drive a green one, (like so many others), no exhaust, in fact, it's basically bone stock (minus the obligatory K&N :cool: and the IAT mod }) ) Anyway, drop me a note some time, thinking of joining the TAMU sports car club... don't know though, maybe we can hang out, shoot some pool, have some beer, and talk some serious Mazda S*!T to some of the hondas around :cool:

-Rob

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
WNT I've seen your car around and always wondered... now all we have to do is get the silver 4-banger with intake and exhaust (saw his car at the Mazda dealership getting worked on) and the red mx6 with at least exhaust, i think greddy by the way it sounds, and we have a club. Sweet!!! I see a car club meet next to Red Lobster sometimes and I've always wanted to go by and race them b/c most are civics.

i'm thinking sometime this week is good before we all get bogged down with school (I'm a senior engineering major so can we say hell). Like I said... let me get my car back in commision and I'll post here when and where... sound good to you both?

G

·
0 Posts
I know what it's like being an engineering major, I got out when I could, but one of my good buddies couldn't manage to break free!! :p Haven't seen them outside Red Lobster, used to see them out in front of Compass Bank on Texas and SW PKWY, but those were all muscle cars, big V-8's lots of mods, beat my car into the dirt!! Sounds good though, whenever your six gets out of the shop, maybe we'll meet, you name it... :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys my six is still in dallas getting some garage time under the dust cover, i should have it down here by thanksgiving though :) but if yall want to get together before then im all for it. Ill come and drool over your cars :eek: and maybe pick up a thing or two about yalls mods... see you guys soon.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey lil_frog, meet sounds good, you and aggied name the place and time. Anyway, got stranded at McDonald's on GB and TX today during the monsoon :( with my girlfriend :D and a smoke :), saw a silver 4-banger, (I think) female driver, and another green LS just like mine, 'cept had a bumper sticker rear driver side, wasn't one of you guys though?; didn't see the driver :confused:
Mine just has the seal in the upper middle of back windshield, looks pretty tacky though, (it's old) so it'll soon be gone...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
so i got my car back and it works great! The indiglos look sweet and now it just has to get dark and then they'll really kick ass. I want to meet up now, so is Thursday night good? I'm thinking we could go to Wings&More and eat and chill or somehting like that. Since I picked the day, how bout ya'll pick the time and place. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hey WNTFSTMX6 does 7ish at Wings and More across from campus sound good to you tomorrow (Thursday)? Let me and frog know b/c we decided that time to be good on IM. If not we could always push it back or have another meeting later too. Doesn't matter to me!

G

·
0 Posts
Hey aggie, I think I might be down with a meet somewhere on Thurs. 7ish sounds good, Wings & More across from campus sounds good too, I think... If I'm not there I'll come up with some lame excuse as to why ;) May not be able to stay for long though. Glad you got your 6 back, did you miss her, I know I would have... Anyway, check out my profile, I think my e-mail is on there, drop me a note. On another matter, I've spotted two more MX's here in town, one's driven by a fish (sticker gave it away), noticed because it was illegally parked in Kyle 1 this evening, pretty cool color, almost a grey/brown, LS. The other was black, had exhaust, and I didn't see the stickers on the front quarter panel, so don't know what engine it had... That makes 5 I've spotted other than you guys (haven't seen you yet)...

see ya'll tomorrow... :cool:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
me and aggiedj meet up and we had a blast :) we were at wings and more at 7:00 wntfstmx6, but you never showd up, where were you? :confused: oh well maybey once those other sixes in town read this thread they'll hop on the band wagan and we could have regular meets or something. Oh well... the future awaits :D

G

·
0 Posts
I was there, at about 7:15, but I don't know what you guys LOOK like , only your cars :confused: , I saw aggiedj's car, so I waited 'till about 8 to see if he would come out to his car, he never did, so I left :( I could go for another try, maybe like when it dries up some in a parking lot where we can identify eachother by our cars, or something...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts