Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting a 93-up mx6, what horse power are you guys running....oh and what about torque? Oh, by the way...If i do decide to get one, beware of the Turbo-ZE!lol

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well, i dont know about putting a turbo on a KE, because of the compression ratio, is to high i heard. ask MIKE. he knows all about this stuff. but if u do get a ls make sure u get the 5spd, stock auto just suck. about the HP, if u have intake, exhaust, header, u can get about a 12hp gain, what do u guys think.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
A stock 2G KL03 V6 puts something like 135HP to the wheels.

With all the simple bolt ons (say, CAI, headers, cat-back, throttle body etc) the V6 will end up with about 150-155HP at the wheels.

If you turbo it and boost to around 8PSI, you can have upwards of 220HP at the wheels.

A ZE will be putting about 160-165HP to the wheels bone stock. With the some bolt-ons I've heard as high as 181HP.

A turbo on a ZE won't turn a whole lot more power than a turbo on a KL03 since you won't be able to safely run as much boost due to the higher compression and the reciprocating assembly is no stronger. Still, with better flowing heads and intake, the ZE would be in the 230-240HP range (guessing) - at the wheels.

G

·
0 Posts
Im guessing im around 175hp with intake and exhaust..I will be getting a ZE in a month.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its not possible to put a turbo on a ZE then I would just keep the stock motor, and turbo that. I am still trying to decide if i should just finance a 2nd gen or buy a 1st gen GT and dump a butt load of money into it. i have a first gen LX now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nick ... As much as I love my 93 Mx-6, if I was going to do it all over again I would probably choose a 1g PGT or a DSM and hook it up big time.
I know that most of you guys probably disagree with me but the 1g turbo cars are realy fast and don't require that much $$$. I speaking from racer's perspective and definitely not considering apearance or comfort. I love my leather interior and the sleek look of my Six.

G

·
0 Posts
Sometimes I wish they had kept the 2.2L turbo in the 2nd gen MX6. If I was going to get a 1st genner, I'd get the MX6 instead of the Probe. The first gen Probe has kind of a 80's Camaro image, a hick-beater (sorry 1st genners). Plus there's not a lot of good ones around. Anyways 1st gen MX6s look tight in red, lowered with black powder coated rims (take my word for the rims).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts