Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

HSV 360hp All Wheel Drive Coupe

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  GotF2TinGD 
#1 · (Edited)
I knew a while back HSV was developing an AWD system though i had no idea when they would bring it out in a sports car.....but ive just noticed the Coupe 4 on the HSV website

http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/vz/main.asp?link=../vy2/coupe4_new/frame_main.htm

v8 + AWD is good :smokin:

still i wish they had gone with the 6 litre

its good to see holden making their own 4wd systems....hell the first car i wanted was an awd calibra, even though they imported them

this new one might even be an export in time........just been watching top gear on the monaro

#2 · (Edited)
my grandfather worked at holden for 40 years and saw the blueprints some time ago. he recently bought a AWD adventra.

still its a holden...............

edit: hmmmm looks like its only auto........and a 4speed :tdown:

#5 · (Edited)
now maybe this is because im not a holden person, but I dont think that the AWD system is that great. The subaru and mitsubishi systems are far superior. the holden one has a 2WD tranny, then a splitter back to the front diff in between the tailshaft and tranny. then to use 4WD it uses braking on the slipping wheel, now to me, that would seem unreliable when the car gets older (and not as effective). The subaru has constant AWD and its symetrical, designed for AWD right from the start, not tacked on. ENGINEERED TO PERFECTION :smokin:

thats my 2cents.

my grandfather is rapped with his AWD Adventra, but he drives it easy. (190 alloytec)

I wonder what will happen with the V8 and leadfoots driving it?

#8 ·
nah, you got it all wrong... see the crying smiley?
its just when i think of holden, i think of all the awsome cars... the 308 V8 statto's, and monaro's and toranas :D
but they do get good amounts of power, it just has to step up over time (like cameras in mobile phones, they get better gradually, so people update)
VTseries II's first came with the gen3 with 225KW, then 235, 245, 255 and finally 260KW in the current monaro. its good because only going to 260KW, kept the HSV's special, like the new clubsport with 297KW, instead of going over the previous model GTS's 300KW.
and CSV, even though they dont have much to do with holden, had 330KW out of the LS1 in the VT's. :D

meh, i cant even remember what i was going on about now :sigh:

#10 ·
pimping obviously:D see pimps have good taste. holden = good taste

lol

let us hate on hyundais then for a minute. a while ago some guy posted about wanting to do up a hyundai....reminds me of a sonata or something around here with a racing wing and black stripe down the middle of the car. saw it the other day, i think it goes to the ANU

#12 ·
its a goldeny....brassy......browny....pukish kinda colour:smokin: lol

the car just doesnt seem right.....first off its a hyundai, 2. that wing looks rediculous, specially on a fwd car, and 3rd dont those have 2.6L v6 in them? instead of a high revving 4 cyl wouldnt you just put some boost in?

#16 ·
DarkSlayer said:
amen to that brother!!!

give me a BA XR8 s2 any day over ANY holden :D
obviously u don't own a BA - I have one for a work ute - just a 6cyl stock as a rock one tonner

biggest pice of crap I have ever owned - power is good but the build quality is shithouse

12 months old and its being traded early next year for a holden one tonner (although I'm liking the avalanche....)

#18 ·
i've loved each of the ba's we've had and we've never had a problem with any of them they were xr6t xr6 and a fairlane g220 nbot a problem with any best motor cars ford have built to date..and they more the keep up with the holdens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.