Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been selling a lot of you guys parts and I thought you might want to see where the majority of the $$ are going. I had been working on a 97ls when I had the opportunity to purchase JPG's 93ls (the one in the upper right corner of mx6.com's home page). It had been in a minor fender bender and was in some serious need of tlc - front and rear bumpers cracked, sideskirt broken in half, mismatched wheels, red fender, etc...

** FINALLY, UPDATE PICS - STILL RUNNING WITH THE STOCK MOTOR, BUT THE BODY IS DONE AND SHE IS DRIVEABLE!! The engine bay needs a good clean up and the body needs to be polished again, but it really feels good to have it on the road.

Anyway, stripped the 97 of everything and started on the 93. I'll continue to update the pics as I go, but the body will be complete this week. The interior and suspension upgrades will be done in the next couple of weeks. Tom at mx6performance is doing a supercharged motor for it as well as a few other goodies. If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Awesome man... that bumper is going to be sweet.

See that you got some cool stuff like coilovers too, everything looks pretty damned clean and non-rusty, heh. What color are you going to go for?

Oh, and that toolbox is awesome. I want one. :)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
WAIT A SECOND....

Hehe, that car has been around here before.... As a matter of fact, its in the upper right hand corner....

EDIT: You said that at the beginning of your post. Man, I'm a moron.
-Garrett

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Garrett. You haven't seen anything yet. The supercharged motor Tom is working on was actually removed from StreetThisMx6's car. In addition, just about every suspension upgrade and motor mount upgrade available, unorthodox aluminum flywheel and crank pulley, stage 3 kevlar clutch, rr-racing's big brake kit, 18" hart c2s, jeff jeske 65mm throttlebody AND limited slip differential, 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust, hotshot headers, testpipe, hotshot cai, and a bunch of other stuff that I won't go into yet.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dang! Glad to see that JP's MX-6 didn't end up in a junkyard. Those last pics he posted were rather depressing. Nice work, Hughes!

Ryan

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Damn- I woulda used a diff. motor than Chris' Old one. It would been nice to keep the fastest NA Motor................ But hopefully you can put down some nice #'s w/ it.

Adam

·
Registered
376 Posts
Now I know where the engine and tranny money that I sent you last year went. You are the man when it comes to used parts for the MX-6.

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Its great to finally see the progress of the infamous Hughes46's Six!!! Its looking great and I'm jealous because of that list of goodies that are being added! Congrats to you Mike, I want to see the finished product for sure though! That hood is wild....is it custom? I likey...

Heather

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Wow thats real nice, man I should get a mx-6 as a project car...but thats after I get 13's with my 626

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sweet

Mr. hughes very nice choice on th sc project looking into it myself.M62 eaton.Anyway thanks for the deal on the GReddy .I hope my $200 went straight into you project 6.btw you dont have any nos parts do you????looking for purge and blowdown tubes.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I fixed the IMG tags for you. It looks like you cut and pasted from my How To. I had formatted the IMG tags so they would not work (so it actually showed the code instead of just the image). When you copied it, it copied the invisible formatting that prevented it from working as well.
Best bet is to just type in the

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
:cool:

Going to be very sweet when it's finally done... I'm glad that so many of us have been able to have a part in it, after you've helped so many of us.

Good luck Mike

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I want to see pictures of your MX6 junkyard lol. Didn't you at one point have like 20+ sec gens?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
He always has like 20+ MX-6's.. everytime i go up there i see a new one... Great work Mike and the shaved rain seam turned out really nice looking... cant even tell. I didnt know He had an aftermarket horn on that how does it sound LOL

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Djlockjaw80 - Justin, yes, it was kind of hard to ditch the tail light project. I had them fitting and the deck lid was modified, but I wasn't REALLY happy with the body curve below the lights and I couldn't resolve how to solve the problem. It looked really good from about 10 ft away, but just not quite right up really close which was pissing me off. I figured I had another 200 hours of work to put into that car where I could finish the body up on this one in about 80 to 100. Time being what it is lately, I chose to finish this one.

eXtreMX-6 - Those horns are coming off - the only thing they are good for is my dad's boat :)

1 - 20 of 292 Posts