41 - 60 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Update PLZ!! :tup:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
hey mike, are u doing all the fibreglass yourself? if so you might be able to give a heads-up on my project. im doing (trying) something similar to my bumper.

here are the pics. i want my foglights about 1" in the hole and the hoodscoop is very similar to the dodge viper scoop.

i would appreciate any advice you can give me.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mel_cp6 - Yes, I am doing all of the glass work. Your pics didn't come through, so if you want, just email them to me: [email protected]

As for updates, you guys won't see much as the parts have all been primed gray. Hopefully, I'll have everything in silver and mounted by mid January. Then, I can take the front back off and install Chris Young's engine in it along with one of Pat's superchargers and a nitrous express wet kit.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
cant wait to see the end!.........

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just thought I would update the pics. I have finished the initial sanding of primer coat series #1. The body kit and modified parts are now hung on the vehicle and I will be constructing all of the mounting brackets and adding fill material to the edges of the primered parts to make for nice lines between the body kit and the main body. After that, parts come back off, primed again and block sanded (again). Then sealer and paint. I had to through a pic of the bike in as well. I painted that this summer - it is all paint, no decals.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
RicedoutMx6 - I have been going round and round about spoiler or no. I decided that if I didn't mount the side skirts, I would not put a spoiler on it. However, because I am mounting the skirts, I will probably put a LOW profile carbon fiber spoiler on it. I own one, so I'll just set it up there to see how I like it.

(V)X-6modifier - the battle wing was the second thing I took off of the car when I got it. No offense intended to the people that have them, but they are just to big (by a long shot) for me. Sold it on ebay months ago.

SKarpenz - The rims are 18" hart c's. As for the bike, it belongs to a friend of mine that bought it as a kit. I cut the fenders, smoothed all the welds, and did all of the paint work. He wants to build another next year, so hopefully I'll aquire that one and paint it colors a little more to my liking.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I personally think that with that hood it doesn't need a spoiler, but its not my car. What color is it going to be? Looks awsome so far. Nice paint work on that bike.

-Sean

BTW what are you planning to do with the Kandy Orange 6 you just picked up? That car's body is badass. Are you going to put another engine in it and sell it? If so, hit me up.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
230-SEAN - The main part of the body and doors are already painted (03 mazda silver). You just can't tell it because it is so dusty in those pics. The orange six will be back here on Wednesday. I have a 60k motor that I'll drop in it and get the front bumper repaired. It'll be for sale in January. If you are serious about it, make me an offer.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Looks great mike. I like the license plate on the bike. :)

Also like the overall look of the car. Personally i think it would look good w/o a spoiler because it is a simple bodykit.

Whatever the case great work. :)

Nate

41 - 60 of 292 Posts