Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 292 Posts

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
TurboTronix said:
Hi hughes,

Can I ask where did you buy the hood scoops from? Are you planning to close the holes with some kind of mesh so that dirt or any other substance (snow, rain) penetrates the engine?

Sincerely,

T_Tronix
Haha.. he said sincerely.

Maybe he meant to press the PM button?

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
TurboTronix - I built the scoops myself. Yes, eventually there will be black mesh screens in the scoop and those will lead to an aluminum air intake chamber mounted on the underside of the hood. Can't build that yet since I don't know exactly where the supercharger stuff is going to sit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
so when are we gonna see updated pics?

you have no idea how bitchin i think this is

~Chris

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hughes... that car is just fucking amazing. I literally almost shit myself when i saw the pictures after paint. That color is fucking gorgeous, I love it. The perfect color for it too.. god damn I want to see that car in person. Very nice job, and its nice to see when people do stuff for their own liking, I know too many people just doing shit to their car so other people will be impressed or think it looks nice. Fucking amazing..

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Good God.... that car is unbelievable... that is going to be the nicest MX6 on this forum.. right up there with Mel6s car and a few others... good God........

·
Registered
330 Posts
Paint looks flawless and perfect. I can't stand the hood though. IMO, hoods like that belong on american muscle cars. It's your car though, and mad props for the work that has gone into it. As long as you are happy with the end result, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Good god man, That is the most beautifull shade of red I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon. It has so much depth makes such a bold statement. I hate the paper thin paint on cars. This paint has a liqued look to it, like you could stick your hands into it. depth to me is everything in paint. You will love every minute being in that art piece. Please keep posting the pics just amazing. Makes me have a greater appreciation for the show side of the tunning scene. Nothing like doing all that work and seeing the end result. Seriously body work is something to marvel at. Amazing job a tribute to the tunning world.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
This afternoon, I just finished the color wet sanding, and the initial power buff and polish. I missed a few spots, but I'll take care of those after assembly and final polish. Yes, the hood is reminisent of american muscle. My first car was a 1969 Camaro rs and yes, I loved it. Had to sell to go to school and the hood kind of takes me back. For those of you who have never gotten to drive a decent old muscle car, to bad....Anyway, I have always believed that the Japanese philosophy of using someone else's good/neat ideas and adapting those to their culture was really intelligent so, why shouldn't I? The scoops won't be there for decoration - I fully intend to build my own ram air type setup using those for the intake point. It was the easiest way to do it that I could see even if it was an American idea. As for the size of the paint booth, it is not near big enough (nothing ever is). I believe it is only about 26ft deep and about 15 ft wide. I'll update the pics when there is something worth seeing. I am working on this and my wife's mazda 6s at the same time (and her's has to be done by the end of next week).

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
brandon002 said:
Paint looks flawless and perfect. I can't stand the hood though. IMO, hoods like that belong on american muscle cars.
Well, this will be a Japanese muscle car. Dont you plan on supercharging it hughes? Hughes' 6 just wont look good I'm sure! There will be plenty under the hood!

-Tyler

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
post pics of WHATEVER you want with your 6 and in any stage, I know I would love to see them:) Love seeing your handy work, you have so many great ideas:tup:

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
hoods like that belong on american muscle cars.
Thats what i thought, the pics make it look that way.. when i went to his shop the last 2 times.. (once when he was molding the hood, and once after he painted it) It looked really sleak and low profile.. that hood is awesome.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Hughes or anyone else for that matter what is the limit on wetsanding? I just got my car painted and the guy did color sand and polish it...but how well and how long I can't say. Is there such a thing as too much wetsanding? I saw him do my spoiler...he only went over it once or twice with paper and then polish and some kind of detailer. He probably did that too for the rest of the car. But for some reason there isn't any noticeable waviness in the paint or orange peel. Should I leave it alone?

You car looks sweet! I'm in the same boat as you for PMO stuff btw. Any emails to you from them?

101 - 120 of 292 Posts