Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
If it is flat and you are happy, leave it alone. Yes, you can go to far - you break through the clear coat and then you have to repaint. As for pmo, no contact which is pissing me off. I called visa (since I paid about 3k of the $4400 worth of parts with that) and they are refunding that money. That MAY screw up my paypal account for a little bit, but I figure 3g's is worth it. As for the other $1500 which came from money already in my paypal account, I may be screwed on that front. Paypal won't do anything (because it is over 45 days old - that sucks because they wouldn't build the stuff until it was paid for and that turn around time was 70 days). So, basically, I emailed Todd and Misty and told them to either give me a delivery time on some specified parts OR I would turn them over to a lawyer in memphis for collections in 2 weeks. That will cost 30 to 40% of whatever they collect, but $900 back is better than nothing. What really sucks is that this will be the SECOND time I have ordered $3000 PLUS worth of stuff and gotten screwed in the last year and a half. I got nothing last time, so I'll be damned if that happens again. I have learned to save all emails and paperwork when buying items online and to use the VISA whenever possible.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
hughes46 said:
If it is flat and you are happy, leave it alone. Yes, you can go to far - you break through the clear coat and then you have to repaint. As for pmo, no contact which is pissing me off. I called visa (since I paid about 3k of the $4400 worth of parts with that) and they are refunding that money. That MAY screw up my paypal account for a little bit, but I figure 3g's is worth it. As for the other $1500 which came from money already in my paypal account, I may be screwed on that front. Paypal won't do anything (because it is over 45 days old - that sucks because they wouldn't build the stuff until it was paid for and that turn around time was 70 days). So, basically, I emailed Todd and Misty and told them to either give me a delivery time on some specified parts OR I would turn them over to a lawyer in memphis for collections in 2 weeks. That will cost 30 to 40% of whatever they collect, but $900 back is better than nothing. What really sucks is that this will be the SECOND time I have ordered $3000 PLUS worth of stuff and gotten screwed in the last year and a half. I got nothing last time, so I'll be damned if that happens again. I have learned to save all emails and paperwork when buying items online and to use the VISA whenever possible.
From what various members have been telling me, it appears we have another winner on our hands with PMO.

Let Todd and Misty know that more than their credit rating may be at stake over this... Accepting money for mail order goods, with intent to defraud (which would have to be established) = mail fraud. Regardlessd of being an internet transaction, there are ways that it can still be considered a federal matter.

The first step in establishing intent to defraud (does not have to be established back to the point of payment, but to any point SINCE then) is by contacting the FBI's Internet Fraud and Crimes division, who will then investigate if they deem it necessary (with the dollar amounts involved, i think they would.. they did with me, for less than 300.00 worth of goods, about 18 months ago)

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

What i would do though - is give them notice of your intent to do this, and see if that gets you anywhere.

I encourage anyone who has had dealings with them, and has not received communication, refund, or goods frmo them, to do this.

I don't care what special circumstances they have. We all have "special circumstances" - I am sure Misty doesn't want Todd to get thrown in jail, or herself for that matter if intent can be established (Her role as point person, treasurer, and whatever else she did for PMO/PRO would certainly be established through the various emails that have changed hands with cursomers)

I am TIRED of people on our sites being ripped off, simply because these little backyard mechanics decide they no longer want to deliver their services.

forget lawsuits, forget credit reporting, Its time to step up the game and show these people there are real penalties... be it PMO, CZT, Trix Racing, the company that ran those headlight scams, and the members HERE who helped them.. ALL OF IT.. i am sick and tired of people getting away with it. throw their asses in jail, that's my opinion. Integrity is gone.. and i'll have no patience for that.

anyways... calming down, adn getting back to the point.. perhaps a little pressure in the form of being reported to the fbi's mail fraud , etc divisions will get them back in line...

sorry for the rant.. I've just had enough, personally.

again, EVERYONE, please use that site - http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

its gotten me what i ordered when i thought i was being ripped off in the past (6 months after payment, no communication etc) - maybe it will work for others as well!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Great post Goat. I don't think anyone will disagree with your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Thats some fantastic information Steve, and I agree totally, once you accept the money you have made a commitment to the customer, and is is your job to fullfill that commitment.

Sidenote: Mike, who else got 3 grand off of you...???

-Bryce

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Just an update on the pmo front. I got an email from Misty today and yes, despite the fact that I don't have my money or my parts, I feel sorry for them. If what she says is true, they are living with friends until they can close on their house. They had to downsize and got rid of their other place, but haven't been able to close on this one. The shop is history and Todd is punching the clock for someone else. She still insists that they want to try and make good where they can, but it is going to be a long haul. Her email was pretty dismal, but I offered to consider waiting on the lawyer/fbi thing if Todd can just weld up some of the suspension stuff - no powdercoating or anything. I am hoping that he can do that without spending much money and I can get something I can use. I'll wait for her response and we'll see what happens. I would STILL recommend that if anybody paid for anything that they haven't received with a cc, to call their credit card company. I also hope that things work out for them.

Si[xXx]er - Bryce, all I'll say is don't buy ANYTHING outside of this country without knowing who you are dealing with and if you EVER get the feeling that something isn't quite right with a deal (any deal), walk away and don't look back.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
i knew this was gonna happen.. this really sucks, Hughes helped alot of members here with parts and contributes alot, and all around a great guy.. For this to happen is bull. I hope you get yer money back

I was going to order some parts from them, but the prices kept me away. There was something about there pricing that left me unsure about them. I say, They did what everyone else did, Scammed people, And used the money for there own personal use.
Id take a personal trip to see whats really going on if i had 4k invested in there products. Id tell them to take the crap off there probe and hand it to me, or I will. Thats alot of money to get screwed out of. Did you even get anything? Did anyone get anything.. or did people just send money and wait for ever for nothing. And if you sent the money.. what did they do with it? obviously dint invest it in your parts or your material.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You can't say that KING6....they did have actual products. We even had nice pictures of all our supercharger kit brackets sitting there nice and shiny. But no more posts about PMO to derail mike's thread...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
hughes46 said:
Si[xXx]er - Bryce, all I'll say is don't buy ANYTHING outside of this country without knowing who you are dealing with and if you EVER get the feeling that something isn't quite right with a deal (any deal), walk away and don't look back.
I know... I almost lost 1200 bucks to Trix racing, I just got damn lucky the new distributor for the Ksport coilovers is a FANTASTIC person who is helping us out bigtime...

-Bryc

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm into pmo for the intake, the LCA's, traction bar, and the crossmember...... I keep hoping beyond hope that they come thru... If however huges you decide to do anything, pm me. I'm in to!

On another note, whan your finished with that car are you going to show it? I wish I would be back in country for myrtle... I really wanna see that car in person. It looks so good. I love the originality!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
PMO still owes me the rear big brake kit also. It was promissing when the front brake kit showed up before christmas, but recently I haven't even been able to get an email from them and the last email their excuse was that the supplier for the final parts was on back order. It's really frustrating as it's been over 6 months now. So if something does proceed please let me know and I will be glad to get involved also.

Anyways Hughes that car's lookin awesome man I love that colour!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
all you people talk about doing something but no one is willing to act... you feel sorry for their excuses? I don't!!!

Please everyone stop complaining about them and how you have been taken advantage of, because it would seem that all of you are letting them take advantage of you. If they gave me an excuse after 6 months, all they would they get from me is an affadavit from my lawyer. All of you guys seem to be a bunch of talkers and nothing more :( Learn to walk the walk!!!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Marcus is right in a way. It's been far too long for those that have invested money and haven't yet seen a product. I'm assuming all you guys want to fight this in court, but at the same time are hoping desperately it'll show up at your doorstep tomorrow when the UPS guy drives by. If I were you guys, I'd get the money back, and for all those that invested in the SC, find a reputable shop to make them and do a bulk buy. Atleast thats what I would think of doing.

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
TurboTronix said:
Whats this red called? Is there a paint number for this paint? That color is eye catching good :) If I can only find the exact one...
Its brandywine kandy over a silver metallic base.

You should be able to find those color from any paint manufacture, however i beleive House of kolor carries the original "brandywine"

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Marcus and Tyler, yes, I have been doing something and I'm not bitching about it - just keeping people up to date on what is going on. It is POSSIBLE to feel screwed and feel bad for the people that inadvertently did the screwing at the same time. Before I hit them with a lawyer, I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure that Todd is unwilling to produce the suspension parts. Why, because I really want them (even if I have to powdercoat them myself and NOBODY else makes them).

As for the color: grey sealer and then 3 coats of the silver base that was used on the 03 Mazda protege. Then 5 coats of clearcoat with house of color brandywine tint mixed in. Followed by two more coats of straight clearcoat. The color varies by how many coats of the tinted clear you put on. It was PINK after the first coat and I thought about how I had just fudged the whole thing up, but it kept getting darker with every layer. It is a pain to spray though - have to go light dry coats - runs and even edges show up as really dark areas, so it is definitely not for a beginner to try.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
hughes46 said:
Marcus and Tyler, yes, I have been doing something and I'm not bitching about it
I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I meant it as you've been the only one to step up so far. I wasn't trying to come off as if you're bitching an nothings being done by you. It just seems like you're one of only a handful that have contacted them until you've gotten a response.

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Uhh, guys, this is a thread about the car. I don't mind if Mike doesn't, since this is his thread, but try to keep discussions about sales in the seller ratings forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im in 8 grand or more at PMO. I have also sent stuff to him like : my intercooler, my turbo, also misc stuff. I have ordered from him. Racing turbo piping (tubular headers), bov, wastegate, dual feed kit, fpr, intake mani, lca, tubular crossmember, front big brakess f88is, rear big brakes f33i, and probably something else i forgot. sad thing is im friends with todd (been to his home and visited his family). This is diggin into my personal life. Ive been very depressed over the matter for the last month. I used my hard earned money working for the country I love (im in the us navy) and now I'm getting ripped off from the people I serve. I used paypal for all of my transactions but i didnt use a credit card. So if i dont get my stuff i will have to pursue a lawyer. As a direct result of this im probably gonna be selling my probe with built motor, brand new paint, and rims.

Your not alone ive been waiting for a YEAR FOR CHRIST SAKES

MATT

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
Mavric03 said:
Uhh, guys, this is a thread about the car. I don't mind if Mike doesn't, since this is his thread, but try to keep discussions about sales in the seller ratings forum.
Guys and or gals I do understand what your going through with pmo because they have a very good chunk of my money.The only thing I ask is that everyone please quit posting about it here on Mike's thread and post your problems in the seller rating forum.Thanks-Justin

121 - 140 of 292 Posts