Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

hughes46's 93ls - rebirth of a legend

104K views 291 replies 140 participants last post by  famousmx6 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been selling a lot of you guys parts and I thought you might want to see where the majority of the $$ are going. I had been working on a 97ls when I had the opportunity to purchase JPG's 93ls (the one in the upper right corner of mx6.com's home page). It had been in a minor fender bender and was in some serious need of tlc - front and rear bumpers cracked, sideskirt broken in half, mismatched wheels, red fender, etc...

** FINALLY, UPDATE PICS - STILL RUNNING WITH THE STOCK MOTOR, BUT THE BODY IS DONE AND SHE IS DRIVEABLE!! The engine bay needs a good clean up and the body needs to be polished again, but it really feels good to have it on the road.

Anyway, stripped the 97 of everything and started on the 93. I'll continue to update the pics as I go, but the body will be complete this week. The interior and suspension upgrades will be done in the next couple of weeks. Tom at mx6performance is doing a supercharged motor for it as well as a few other goodies. If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

See less See more
#178 ·
Marcus said:
Jorge owned the silver second gen on the top right corner... the first gen next to it was a guy named Rendell... or something like that. I STILL can't pull his name out of my but for some reason. Scooby will know if you wanna ask him bad enough!!!
it was Beaude.
indeed a very very clean 1st gen he has/had????

btw. good work done there on the 2nd gen.:tup:

#186 ·
mx6chip - look wise, no. Performance wise, you bet. It is proving hard to build a car that looks/is aggressive without being "ricey" (big wing, obnoxious ground effects, wild paint, etc....). Also, I intentionally want it to look like NOTHING else on the road - people HAVE to ask what it is AND it has to look like it could be owned by a 37 yr old person (because it is). As for the color, it tends to change a little depending on the light. Also, you can't see it in the pics, but as my wife says "it looks like the paint is 3" deep".

KING6 - If the scoops were not going to be functional, I wouldn't like them either. However, since I am building a fresh air scoupe that sits in them, I do like them. I won't have to worry about driving through 8 or 10" inches of water with MY cai set-up:)

#187 ·
Beautiful paint! And your wife is right, it looks like theres 2 tons of paint on it! I dont think you'll have many problems withi chipping due to the work and amounts of coats it looks like you've applied.

One gorgeous 2G!

-Tyler

#191 ·
Holy Fallujah! That is simply astonishing Mike. Great job.

Craig

#193 ·
I bow in awe mate... That's the first 6 I've ever seen that looks good with hood scoops. The paint is beautiful and I love what you did with the front lights/fogs on the style 44 kit.

Before Ken Holland sold his 6, his was the best one out there... You just raised the bar. Now, would you object to being kidnapped, bundled in a crate to the UK and forced to do mine. :)

#194 ·
Mike I know this is just a drop in the bucket, but your Mx-6 is probably the most beautiful I have seen. You need to contact some magazines. They'll jump on it, especially if you have performance to go with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.