Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of putting hydraulics on an mx-6... and if so, how would you go about doing it... any ideas are welcome ... let me know

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, please don't. The lowrider scene is dying (if not already dead). I live next to the former low rider capital of the world. My ultimate plan was to become mayor, install speed bumps everywhere, then open a wrecker company...and outlaw hydro's. Man I would be rich.

By the way, your sig says you have a '90 LS. There is no '90 LS. There is a DX, LX, GT, and GT w/ 4WS.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I dont even know what to say. All I can do is shake my head. :freak:

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's almost as ghetto as Nell Carter's ass.

·
Registered
446 Posts
unikstylz11, April Fools was a couple weeks ago. Where've you been?

Now may be a good time to tell us all that you're kidding. You ARE kidding, right?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here is a bright idea................how about...........oh wait i think.........damn i forgot...........oh yeah i remember now...................oh forgot again..................ok...i am sure i got it now...............HOW ABOUT NOT!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good Idea

It's a good idea I think - as long as it's supposed to look ridiculous.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Only reason I can think to put hydraulics on a 6 is for driving in deep snow, so you could raise the ride height an inch or two.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree, hydros are out, but dont bash on him. If Id get anything it would be air bags to adjust height. If your serious about hydros, go pick up a lowrider mag, their should be info in there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
go for it

why not. i think it would be great to have a 6 on the board with some hydro's on it.
notice i didnt say i liked it, or would do it to my car. i do like to have a little variety, after all these cars were world rally champs in 89.

[Edited by smachan on 04-18-2001 at 04:06 PM]

G

·
that nell carter joint is tight, i just got done crying, dude pumps and dumps on a six, wouldnt be to good, you would spend every thre months replacing axles, cv boots, tierods, joints, rims, fendere, floor pan, springs, and so on, and so on, get bags made for it it will cost you a hell of a lot less aggravation and money, i went that route with a tracker, put it this way, that thing is melted metal on one of the new 2002 lexus, or something

G

·
why would you want to do something crazy like that... we dont have shitty cars, and you shouldnt want to make it shitty. thatd be a shame to see a nice 6 turn into a pile of crap with hydros.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
u know thats kool and stuff u guys feel that u can keep up with honda's in the racing scene... around here (in the northwest) they are just to crazy, this is my relief to get away from the racing... and i dont remember post this to as if it would be cool or not, i posted it to ask if anyone had heard about how to do it... keep that in mind when u want to bash me

·
Registered
20 Posts
I definately would never put hydros on any front wheel drive car because the cv joints couldn't with stand the amount of strain that is involved in the sudden drop. However, I have seen a 6 on air bags with the scrape plates and I have to admit it. In a parked position, seeing an mx6 dropped to the frame with no body kit, it looks out right sweet.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
well CV joints would not be such a problem..................only if you make the a$$ bounce ;)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
hey man... ill help you out...

i used to switch up cars with my friend back when it was cool... i plan to switch up my car so i can set it on the ground at stop lights, etc...

im not sure about the 1st gens but the 2nd gens have MacPherson struts... no air bags for us... if you dont have macphersons in the front, i would recommend air bagging, if you can put up with slow response, and a loud compressor turning on from time to time... it should be fine.

but if you MUST go with juice... here are some things to take into account...

-its expensive...hope you have the money.
-if you hop it... youre gonna screw your car up SOOOOO bad...CV joints, unibody, etc...it just doesnt work well...
-its gonna be BOUNCY...unless you buy accumulators... but thats just more money to shell out... you wont be able to race, your handling will be poor... all the guys i know with juice have another car...not juiced. when you have juice, you get sick of the bouncing... always bouncing... you cant stop it... so get another car...otherwise youll probly get sick of the bouncing and sell your 6.
-do you know how to do an alignment??? no one else will... there is a company that does it in NM but that only because of the popularity they(hydraulics) have here...

if you can handle these,
here we go....

youll need extra betteries and solenoids... these range in price depending on quality, and where you get them... most ppl use deep cycle batteries or group 31 batteries... i would suggest 2 per pump. youll need at least one solenoid per battery.

pumps... they range anywhere from $80 for a used stolen one to upwards of $1000 for a competition pump... if youre not hopping, you should only need one. im only gonna use one.

dumps... these are relatively cheap... depending on what youre trying to do, you could need up to 4.

hoses... youll need lengths to reach from the trunk to each wheel...rated for 3000PSI

cylinders... youll need 4... with cups, donuts, etc...

wires and a switch box... and wiring diagrams...

time to go...got stuff to do...

still interested? ill post about install and you can tell me what youre trying to do with these switches...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
No?!?!?! aight...

my setup will have accumulators, so ill be riding about as smooth as a car on air bags. it wont hop... well, it could but ill have it tuned so it doesnt. i just wanna be able to clear speed bumps, etc. and be able to pull up on another car at a stoplight and drop it on the ground... also ill have a relay hooked to my alarm witha delay... just imagine, we jump out of the car, arm the alarm... the windows go up and then... it just drops down to the floor sloooowwly... smooth like. i should have a 6 inch lift or so from the ground and ill have 3 switches. one front, one back, and one for all four. eventually ill have cylinder position sensors and have it all computerized. ill have preset ride heighths and "bump-in-the-ground" sensors... so i can ride real low and have a warning of a bump and if the bump is too close to the car, the computer automatically makes the necessary adjustments...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts