Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
That is an awesome set-up, and will bring lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Run out of rally cars to thrash on eh? ;)

Nice work. I see someones been busy in the machine shop. Lever, bracket, shift knob, parking brake handle. Good stuff.

Gavin

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Alright im impressed.

Its funny actually a friend of mine mentioned today that he wouldnt mind a setup like this in his ford laser tx3 (ford badged different shaped familia gtx), awd turbo.

Doesnt look the easiest though!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
Looks more than a little like a 2 wheeled version of

a cutting brake. A popular thing for off-road. Used to brake on one rear wheel (usually on the inside of the turn) and put more/all the power to the outside wheel where the weight was.

Other styles at this place

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
And much the same idea that McClaren used for their F1 cars a few years back to get around the anti-traction control ruling at the time. I thought it was pretty inventive of them, the FIA didnt see it that way. Probably for the best I guess.

Adam. Nice page your brother has there. I had thought I saw the name listed somewhere in an old "Sportscar" magazine ("Trinder?, Could that be the same....nah.") I think it was for the Oregon Trail Rally or something. Do you still navigate for your brother? Funny how those rocks seem to just jump out at your car.

Gavin

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Holey moley that is cool. How does it interact with the rear brakes? I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rear brake line from front master cylinder now runs inside the car to the handbrake cylinder, then from there goes to the rear brakes. when hand brake is not applied brake fluid can flow through so you still have normal braking with the peddle. once handbrake is applied the fluid can only travell to the brakes, fluid will not travel to the front master. i retained the mechanical e brake aswell. i mostly did this as i want to upgrade the rear calipers to nissan 2 pot . with the 2 pot calipers there is no mechanical (cable) parking brake as the parking brake on other cars is an internall drum.once the 2 pots are on i will remove the mechanical e brake.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Z32 Rear 2 POTs? You should go for the 4 POT Z32 Cast Iron 30mm calipers up front as well. The aluminum ones will crack. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts