Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed their fog light bulbs? Is this process complicated? Any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
55 Posts
may become complicated. make sure the screws going into the foglight housing are not striped. this is more likely to happen if you live in a salty area.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
About bulbs????????

Whats the difference between Superwhite, Hyperwhite, and Ultrawhite bulbs?????

[Edited by Ruubstr94Ls on 04-01-2001 at 10:07 PM]

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the lights

I've changed my fog lights to hyperwhite bulbs. If the screws aren't stripped like mine were it's easy. If I remember, there are three screws that hold them the housing together. If they are stripped, it's a biotch. It totally sucked for me to replace them. Actually one burned out afterwards and I replaced it with a different color on accident. Now I have two colors for fogs, but they closely match.

The difference b/t the three colors are nothiung more than the amount they are tinted blue. They go in the order you mentioned from more blue to less blue. Just realize that in most states blue headlights are illegal, but halogen lights aren't. There is a difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
a little help

The screws in my fogs are stripped to hell... how do i go about getting them out? can I drill through them or what? Any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
55 Posts
pulling the screws without breaking the housing should help. after you finish replacing changing the bulbs, you can use a high quality glue and then forget about changing your bulbs in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts