Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have been looking into some hyperwhite bulb, and I have found tons of them, for every light on the car. What ones look good and what ones are legal?? I do not know if any are illegal or anything, but?? Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cheap

Well I got mine off of E-Bay for $15.00 and I like them alot as for legal or illegal that i dunno I'm in Germany and all the new cars have them so its no problem...honestly i dunno where they were from but I'll check and get back to you...ok i found it they have an auction on now for the same ones I got it ends in 2 days and the bid is at $12.00... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=551704531 hope this helps abit...good luck...

[Edited by Guido on 02-06-2001 at 12:46 PM]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess a better question to ask is this. What lights should I replace?? What ones look the best, what ones look dumb being hyper??

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have same question about the hyper whites I had those ion blues and I got a $50 ticket for them. I saw some pics on the site with projectors where do I get those and are they hard to place in and expensive

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i would like to the hyper white corner lights for my car, and the head lights as well, anybody know a good brand of both and how much, thanks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you would have to check your local laws. but you can get away with pretty much anything in NM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Streetglow?

Thats what I got in mine, and I absoloutely love em. They are 80/100 I believe and they work nice. Good light, and they look real nice too. They ARE illegal, but around here (ND), everyone has em, and no one cares. I have blue blinkers as well, and havent gotten a ticket yet :) purple fogs, and still nothing. the ONLY lights that are street glow on my car are the headlights, fogs are some other brand, and the bulbs were some japanese made company with kanji all over the box, so........thats my input.
.oh, BTW, I paid 35 for a set, http://www.streetglow.com not sure what they run there..

-Nate

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
let me ask this, i am lazy, haha. what is the number the turn signal bulb, do i need that to get the white ones like i want. does anybody know where i can get them from, i was thinking about Matrix from summit racing, only like 30 of the white 80*100, what do you guys think, ho wmuch are Piia, jorge????

·
Registered
291 Posts
don't get the matrix bulbs...

I have a set right now, and they ARE NOT WHITE!! They are blue, even though the box reads "Hyper-white" or "Super-white" or something like that. So, I would recommend getting the PIAA's if Jorge has had good experience with them.

G

·
0 Posts
I want Super White bulbs....

Hey guys - I want to have super white bulbs on my headlights, foglights, and my blinkers. Anyone know where I can find the bulbs for all of them?? I found the headlights and foglights, but I cant find the blinkers. Does anyone know where I can find them? PIAA's would be nice - but I dont think they make them. Help me out guys...peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
coldnoodle said:
I only trust Japanese brands. I have seen many poor quality bulbs that exploded inside the headlight housing. Piaa and Raybright are all good brands.

Where can i find Raybringht bulbs and where are the turnsignal bulbs that are clear, later

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
you can usually find a reputable brand of hyperwhites at your local speed shop. $6-8.

G

·
0 Posts
speed shop, hmmmmm that would be the local AUTOZONE, for me. there is not one around here sorry.i will look in other cites. later jd

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Woodnutz said:
speed shop, hmmmmm that would be the local AUTOZONE, for me. there is not one around here sorry.i will look in other cites. later jd
LOL...yeah that sux... well we have clear corners stock...advantage:Mazda. oh and just to clear up any confusion, that $6-8 is for the #1157 not the 9004.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
JspecMX-6 said:
Woodnutz said:
LOL...yeah that sux... well we have clear corners stock...advantage:Mazda. oh and just to clear up any confusion, that $6-8 is for the #1157 not the 9004.
1157, do they come in a white( clear blub)
i posted the auto zone comment, but forgot to change the name owell. what blubs do you have for the 9004? later

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah those #1157 come in clear. thats whats in our brake/stop lights. lemme break it down for ya...

#1157 = the clear version
#1157A = the amber coated version
#1157NA= the "naturally amber" version

and i have the cheesy blue coated 9004 bulbs in my headlights...the dont really light up the road but thats what my 100W fog lights are for...:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts