Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't even call this a kill, seeing as how the Tiburon in no way stands a chance against the 6. On top of just owning a 6, i have the v6 mtx, which totally puts the tiburon in a different class. I would not go looking for a race from a car like that, but if somebody else is getting a little cocky, i wont hesitate to put them in their place. So, I'm driving down route 50 when some guy in a Tiburon starts tailgating me and then slows down, and then flys up on my ass again. Im trying not to pay attention, but when he tried to pass me I just wasnt going to let that happen. I was going about 45 in 3rd gear, so I dropped it into second and shot up to around 55-60, shifted into 3rd again. His nose never even caught up to my back bumper. Not really a kill worth bragging about, but I enjoy letting people know that the 6 is nothing to mess with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Speaking of a tiburon, I was comming out of the hardware store today and noticed A newer one parked next to me. So i checked it out while i was getting in the door(it's not a bad looking car in my opion), When an older man stopped me to ask about my 6, and tell me it looked "sharp". I couldn't help to think that although the tiburon had features to make it look fast and sporty, the 6 has a classic sports car look to it, timeless in a sense. Basicly it's rather humble about it's ability, and i like that about 6's. I drove home feeling like a million bucks. It was great.

·
Registered
416 Posts
hey man, im def with you that hyundai's suck, but it is a pretty decent kill, i mean, those cars run a 16.0 1/4 mile, which really isnt far away from our 15.7 (2nd gen v-6) good kill nonetheless!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
For the price and what you get, I think the Tiburon is a cool little car. What is the MSRP? $13000? Something like that.

I do think they are attractive. (But I would peronally NEVER buy a car like that--that is because I have trouble paying good money for any cheap car just to have a new car--I couldn't imagine paying $250/month for a brand new Sentra or something like that).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Truthfully, the Tib is not really a slouch. It makes 140 horsepower even in base trim out of its 2.0-liter four, so it can be fairly zippy. However, it's still no match for a MX-6 GT or LS :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before I got my 6 I went to test drive one of these. They really aren't bad cars; smooth shifts, enough power to go when asked (although definitely not as much as our cars), the interior is well done and they're attractive (they are hyundais though...). If I had to get a cheap new car though, this would prob. have been it (seeing as Mazda stopped making the mx-3/mx-6, those bastards!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey speed where do ride in fairfax? Maybe ive seen you around. Any way sorry to change the subject.LAter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live right in Fairfax City, my neighborhood is right where Route 50 and 123 meet. There aren't too many 6's around there, so its kinda cool to have a car that isnt really common. I'm at James Madison University now, there are a couple of 6's here, mostly the 4 banger, and one M edition.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No doubt about not having to many 6s around. Let me know when your around will go cruise.
Later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there was a riced out tiburon tonight at the dragstrip every0bdy was messing with him after he was saying he was gonna out run all the other import's out there THere were 7 mx-6 out there and 5 probes but i only saw 2 probes run but the point is it took him 13 seconds to go a 1/8 mile i have totally stock crx that will do a 10.7( in know that isn't fast but it is still stock)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Rex did you mean you have a crx that does 10.7 in the quarter, or in an 1/8 of a mile? That would be one of the fastest CRX's in the world if you had a 10.7 CRX in the quarter! If I completey misunderstood you then let me know please. Really confused right now???!!! I didn't think the 1/8 mile speed was measured all that much usually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah aggied the time was in the 1/8 around here where i live there are no quarter mile tracks within 100 miles of me but we have a4 1/8 mile tracks. actually where i usually go used to be a quarter mile track until people couldnt stop and instead of clearing out the trees they just made the track a 1//8 mile track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey speed, i was up at jmu last night with my 6 (my girlfriend goes there...) and I didn't see anything but 'stangs and trucks out there. do you ever read the md/dc/va board?? i'm from stafford originally but at tech right now. i think all the nova 6's should get together this summer... (there's kinda a thread on that board...check it out)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts