Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread I said that Grand Prix GTP's ran an average of 13.6 stock... I looked on the wrong page. Mid 13's is for modded GTP's.. some hitting 12's.. but stock seem to run lower to mid 14's. Sorry... I did find out also that the GTP can take out alot of cars on the 1/8 becuase it is GREAT on the low end... but not so good in the high... If you guys ever race a GTP.. make sure he is going 35-40mph... this is where my car is the slowest... it is almost like a Honda until about 50-55

·
Registered
416 Posts
are GTP's really that fast?? i have a R&T here that says 15.2 is it off?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
most likely it's off. I've seen a GTP's run on the street against cars that I knew the ETA's of, and the GTP won. Those other cars had better times than low 15's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I won't be able to tell you stock number for my exact car because I'm gettting a couple of mods to put it over 300HP (about 310)REAL soon. But I don't see how it couldn't run a little better.. is that the regular GT maybe? I'll try and take it to the track first and let ya know... but you'll also have to adjust the times to consider the altitude being a over a mile high...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts