Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new digi cam last week, so I can put up some pictures. Here's my engine bay, which is extremely dirty. I need to take some time and clean it. I also need to get an extra coupler for the intake, but can't find one anywhere. Where should I look?

I tried painting my tails all red, but as you can see, I messed up a bit. It still doesn't look too bad in my opinion.

I did manage to get clean headlights though...and I'm very happy with them :) I need to finish adjusting them though, as you can see, they aren't lined up quite right.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to take some more of the outside

·
Registered
118 Posts
BTW its looking good. What are you running your subs with?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nice jl subs. What kind do you have and what do you think of them? what kind of amp you running?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Looks good. Nice and clean. I would lower it though. What size wheels are those? I have been thinking about getting some bigger ones this summer when I have $. I have the Mr7 in 16". I might get bigger ones of the same style or i might get all new ones, havent decided yet.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mx6invader - lol, it's not alf. It's a monkey I won at six flags. I was going to bring it up to school with me, but never took it out of my car. After being at a meet, people saw him in the trunk, and it's become a tradiotion if you will. Jojo always stays in the car, and even drives occasionally (in the parking lot of course). The subs are being run with an olf Kenwood KAF 628s, or something like that. It's bridged to the subs, 600 watts total.

unkiedave - they are 12w0's..nothing too impressive. I like them very much, but I'm not huge on the bass. They are MUCH better than the olf Rockfords I had. They sound very clean, and I can get louder than I will ever need without pushing the limits of them.

sik6 and Chefsp0t - I would love to lower it, but unfortunately, my funds won't allow it right now. Part of the reason it looks worse than normal is the little tires. They're only 205/40 17. they were on a talon before, so the tire size wasn't the closest match to stock. I have plans to lower it over the summer when I can work full time and make some extra cash.:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
mavric, do u live in st. louis or just around st. louis.

i know that sounds stupid, but i live in st. charles and i put my location as being in st. louis because people know where st. louis is and basiclly i live only 20 min. away from st. louis county anyway.

where i was getting i guess is if u live in st. charles or are around when you're not in columbia we should get together sometime when its a little warmer outside.

nice pics by the way, clean that engine bay!!!!!!

peace out:D

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Hmmmm... So that's where my Haynes manual is. I've been looking for it. ;) j/k I love the stock looks of it.

Mici

G

·
Haha, I love how you put the haynes manual and the screw driver on the car to make it look like you're actually doing work to the car, lol.:D

Your car is the first I've ever seen that actually looks good with that type of muffler on it.:tup:

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big Trees - I live in South county (Oakville to be more specific). I do go up to St Charles pretty often there. My brother moved out there over the summer, so I'm there a couple times a week. The engine bay will be cleaned sooner or later...but it's not my #1 priority at the moment.

Mici - very nice being complimented from you...I remember you saying something about wondering why you ever put a body kit on yours. We can trade if you like.:D

Mark, I was working on the car. Really. I even have proof, look in the 2g forum on how I messed it up, lol.
My reverse lights are DEFINITELY broken now, before they just didn't work, and I wasn't exactly sure why :lol:

Yes, the muffler looks alright, but unfortunately, it's extremely loud. A lot of people think it sounds good, but it's just hard to get over how loud it is sometimes.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Ruubstr94Ls said:
Looks great. A nice lip kit will give it a mild look when lowered.:tup:

I agree totally. there are a few good ones out there. give it a thought.

·
Registered
471 Posts
my car is the same color and i have the same muffler. its not realy loud on mine just extreamly deep. i have 2.5 inch piping and 2 resonators and a hi flow cat so you might think about just popping a resenator in:shrug: your turn lights should slide into the main headlights on the sides, is yours broke? i think the all red tails look sweet i will do them this weekend unless you think they were a bad idea

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No...the lights aren't broke. At the time, they weren't screwed in yet. I still need to get it all lines up though.

I like the all red tails, but make sureyou do it right and don't put it on too thick (like I did)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts