Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i think i can use a thing thats not in use. on the back there are three model numbers.

1.)k5t49099
2.) k801
3.)4330

The First two match the selinoid i broke the nipple off. the third number doesnt match. But does it matter? If someone has one laying around, can you plase take a moment to look at these numbers on the back. If there the same, then i dont need an extra selinoid, but iff there different, then ill need to get one.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If the plug fits in you can use it. I was using the one of my fuel reg for a bit when one of mine died

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well can anyone check the back of their plugs, to see if the numbers match? to see if i can actually use this selinoid

·
Registered
737 Posts
so long as it looks like the other you can use it. all it does is direct air one way or the other. good luck finding one from anywhere other than the dealer, if that. just leave it alone til you can find one at a wrecking yard or get one from someone local. it's not a big deal if your vris isn't working. trust me. mine wasn't working for a whole year, then i fixed it and i can't tell any difference in driving or mpg or anything.

i will post up the test procedure (easy cheesy) tomorrow. with the solenoid disconnected you should be able to blow through one port and have it come out another, then give it power and a ground and it should blow through one port and out a different one. exactly which ports with and without power i will specify tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts