Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe Canada lost to the americans in the gold cup game this afternoon. I knew it would be a good match up, but I was expecting canada to win :(
K, i really need a beer now. sry, i gtg
Later,
Koala

PS Good game USA:)

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
This is my first time hearing of it...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it isn't curling, we lost against the usa in hockey game, it was in the world juniors championship. I feel so dissapointed, last time i checked the shots were 28-26 for canada. and usa scored 2 quick goals in the last of the 3rd period :(

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
99.99% (Literally!) of Americans have NO idea there was even a game, not to mention that they won! Let's keep it that way!! lol...

Claeren.

·
Registered
600 Posts
hm, i'm in canada and i didn't know about this game :rolleyes: maybe cuz i'm into soccer

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, good idea clea Claeren, and i take it you moved this thread to the canadian chat too. haha.
nicely done
I'm still in shock. I find it embarassing to tell you the truth. Cause USA didn't get a medal in this tournamnet since 97' and Then outta nowhere, they win gold :( I need another beer.
Later
Koala

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Soccer eh, good sport, i have 2 cousins that are really concentrated on the sport. One is a goalie for some atlantic team(he's in grade 12), and the other is in grade 9 but is still quite competitive.
Whereabouts are you from (malimx6) if you don't mind me asking?
Later,
Koala

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi, my name is Marc Andre Flurry,. If you are looking for a goalie to blow a game for you call me, I will play.. and a gaurentee a lose.. Hell I'll even score on my own net. :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
We just got some sh*t a$$ bad luck.....man, this sucks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Canada doesn't even deserve to win.

Frankly, the TV box makes us believe that the game is "ours", that we "rule and own it with a firm grip". This makes us paranoid patriots of the game. Frankly, this also makes us arrogant snobs fiercefully choking on our frustrations at the sight of yet another failure. I think, Canada should respect the game a little more instead of naming it "ours" all time, perhaps put forth the effort into developing skills instead of yelling about it like Mr. Cherry there. Perhaps then, Russia and USA would stop taking turns tapping our miserable ass as they please. More respect damn it, less chatter.

It helps none to expect the Gold, it helps to fight for it.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
600 Posts
Koala8998 said:
Soccer eh, good sport, i have 2 cousins that are really concentrated on the sport. One is a goalie for some atlantic team(he's in grade 12), and the other is in grade 9 but is still quite competitive.
Whereabouts are you from (malimx6) if you don't mind me asking?
Later,
Koala
Serbia!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dron said:
Canada doesn't even deserve to win.

Frankly, the TV box makes us believe that the game is "ours", that we "rule and own it with a firm grip". This makes us paranoid patriots of the game. Frankly, this also makes us arrogant snobs fiercefully choking on our frustrations at the sight of yet another failure. I think, Canada should respect the game a little more instead of naming it "ours" all time, perhaps put forth the effort into developing skills instead of yelling about it like Mr. Cherry there. Perhaps then, Russia and USA would stop taking turns tapping our miserable ass as they please. More respect damn it, less chatter.

It helps none to expect the Gold, it helps to fight for it.

My 2 cents
Thats funny, we lose the world juniors, so we are terrible, but wait, we win everything else, Olympics, under 17, and the other cup that we just won just before the juniors. it seems we have a pretty damn good record. oh and also did you ever notice this was the first time the USA has won the World juniors. Canada is top of hockey and will be for a long time. and being 60% of the NHL doesnt sound too bad to me either..

My $0.02

·
Registered
269 Posts
60% ehh?!!! Well, what about 1960s when this number was 97%. No wonder it wasn't phucking competitive. Now that the big buck is paid, better players are coming, yes from Europe and USA, and phasing Canada out slowly but surely.
and yeah, 7th year straight without gold at juniors makes it very convenient to claim "our" ice superiority.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dron, you don't know what you are talking about so i would suggest that you stop writing in this thread. You obviously don't watch hockey and you obviously looked up some stats on the internet to get your information.
In this tournie Canada is in a horrible division, we play all these crappy teams, but when we get to the finals we seem to lose, this is because the other divisons have teams like USA, and Russia (this division has actual skill). Which means they play teams that are more equal in skill level so they don't slack off. While we tend to slack off (but we don't intend to) because the games are pathetic. Then when we make it to the finals against USA (in this case) our skill level decreased since the start of the tournament while the opponents skill level increases due to the competitive in their division.
To tell you the truth, when i just read the last paragraph i kind of found it confusing. but i couldn't think of any other way to reword it to make it easier to understand.

·
Registered
344 Posts
koala made a good point but the only reason we lost this year was a very very bad move by our goalie. yes we fell apart in the third, but for the first 2 periods we smoked them. I dont think it should be a 1 game final, maybe 3 out of 5 or maybe even 4-7

1 - 20 of 29 Posts