Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Sanded and polished the headlights.........it came out sick....so i decided to do it to the foglights................turned on the headlights and my girlfriend was like....."why aren't my foglights on"......some how I did something to Both Of her foglights....If one of the bulbs blew the other would still work..Please help me because I am in Kahootz with her because of this...hehehehehee

·
Registered
511 Posts
if you took them off to sand them, did you plug them back in?

sorry, but you gotta start simple first. be sure to check all your fuses, relays, that kinda stuff. start with the simple idiotic things first and then keep going from there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt take them off to sand them...i did them on the car.....they dont work...i looked at the fuse under the hood and it looks fine...what else should i do......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really????????????????????????? Now seriously do you really think I didnt think of that???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt open them or even touch the bulb i just sanded them and then polished them....thats it

·
Registered
108 Posts
have you tried replacing a bulb? perhaps the wires/connectors were corroded and all it took was a little movement to break the connection?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The bulbs burn out all the time, don't sweat it just go buy new bulbs and move back into your room and off the couch.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Probobly the vibration of the sanding or sander broke the filaments of the lamps...Change the lamps!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
im not having a problem with my foglights but my tail lights and my dash lights dont come on and the second i turn on my headlights the fuse blows but the headlights stay on. i tried putting a slightly larger fuse in and it didnt help and cant find a short. also both of the bulbs in the tail light come on when i hit the brakes. if anyone has any idea what it is im open to suggestions thanks

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hi ! lomx
That’s a tough one ....I'd put a post in the General maintenance, or audio and electronics and see how you go. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yes!!!
I had a guy come to me with an old 929 and he had a "mate" install his tape deck and he found that he had the same problem as you..
So I checked out the wiring and sure enough the wire that came to the factory deck for the light in it had bean connected as a neutral {ground}.
Therefor when he flicked on his lights the volts where shorted to ground and blew the fuse.
Sound familiar?
I'd say that’s what you have dun.
Don’t feel to bad I think the colure coding on mazdas are meant to be confusing :p
Separate the wires from the deck Get a multi/volt meter and find that little sucker and unless your new deck has a head light dim or on function, disconnect it from the deck!!{I'm not sure what colure the wire is so you will have to check them all. Replace the fuse turn the lights on and find a live one then switch of the lights and see if you have got it}
Good luck!
Mr. MX6

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Glad I could help!
Did you find the offending wire?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts