Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start the engine sounds natural but when i trample accelerator pedal i feel a strong rock then it's OK
why??? it's good or bad?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Howdy dudy ...Your mex may just wont some new leads and plugs when did you last change them? {As The mex tunes its self. that is probobly all you knead}...or is it just because it is stone cold? You know you really should not "tramp" your gas pedal when she is cold. You gotta let her warm up you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thaks very much you said:"You gotta let her warm up you know"
that mean it is my drive technical problem, it's not my car's problem right?:)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hard to tell for certain from over the net. But it certainly sounds like it. Most cars{not just MX6s} do the same thing {including my one}. You just got to be patient till she is warm..
Cheers mate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
you should get your plugs and wires changed anyway. it will help a lot, unless they are fairly new. other then that, let it warm up. I have a turbo Talon and when its cold it don't go for shit. even when you are just going, it stays about about 800 for about 5-10 seconds before it goes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
only when cold, or always?

carman,
If you are having the problem at all times, hot and cold,
I would look at the engine mounts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
you can tell if its hot or cold by (obviously) looking at the temp guage in the car. to heat up the car just sit in idle for a couple mins. or drive the car slowly without mashing the gas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i realize that when the engine rev reach 2 it's ok,
but if it more than 2 i can feel clearly obtrude and then it's ok.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when you say rock, do you mean KNOCK? If thats teh case then if your using cheap low octain fuel then that will cause the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts