Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden my vehicle wont start, and its out of the blue. i removed the aftermarket alarm to see if it would have any effect, replaced the batt with a new one(the old one was out the door anyway) checked the fuses, tapped on the starter with a metal pipe, and i still have no luck!!, anyone have any ideas, of ever have this problem before?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
check air intake hose, ive was stuffing around with it and as soon as vacume drops in it the car stalls and then wont start unless all ties are tight. Other thing could be that your gasket blew and now you have water/coolant in your cylinder(does it turn when you try to start it if not that could be your problem). another thing to check is you fuel pump that migh've died. im not sure on the whole story, ie does it turn, what happens when you star it etc etc just post it later, it will help pinpoint the problem.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Need more details. Does it crank? If it does, does it try to start at all and just won't catch? What exactly is it doing. Just saying it won't start is way too short on details.

·
Registered
34 Posts
//

If it cranks but doesn't fire, take off the distributor cap and watch the rotor while cranking. If it doesn't turn, the timing belt is broken.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had this problem with my 74 VW Karmann Ghia. From the sounds of it (replaced the battery) It doesn't even turn on, right? The problem with my car was my igniton switch. Try playing with the wires from that wiggle them around and make sure everything is plugged in properly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts