Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got gum on my leather seats!!! how do i get rid of them?????? please help!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well dude, i work at a car detailing place in town. So let me help out. First i would remove all the gum you can with your hands or take a rag and pull it off. oh yea how long has it been there?

You will want to use some HOTASSWATER( take a bottle and hit it in the microwave for about 5 min),you can poor it on the spot or take a rag and get it wet and lay it on the spot) ( becareful with the water dont burn yourself) i have dont that before, this will losen the gum from the leather it self and remove more eaily. just take your time and use a soft old tooth brush to help with the removal. If you want to clean the leather, you can go to autozone, and buy some foam cleaner for carpet. buy a soft brush (hand Brush) and spray the foam on the leather, dont do huge parts at a time, take your time. use the brush to scrub the leather, be careful. After the seat is done, redress them with dressing. hope that helps. later

·
Registered
357 Posts
caution when you heat the water: use anold container to heat in. using a new one will cause the water to not boil until you take it, and it will blow up in your face. happens a lot.. if you want an explanation, email or IM me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
heating gum causes it to soften up. this will make it softer but stickier. u can pick it off when its soft i guess. but that isnt the method i use. this is what i do . . take some ICE CUBES and rub it onto the gum until the gum gets really really hard. cold causes the gym to get harder but loses it stickiness. keep rubbin the ice cube on the gum until it gets real hard and try to chip it off. if it doesnt come off, keep rubbin and then try again. after a while the gum will just chip off totally . . . this way u wont run the risk of burning yourself ... or u can use peanut butter . . that softens the gum a lot too and without using hot water. after drivin to raves for this long, u KNOW how to take gum offa your seats :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's exactly what happened to me ((RAVE)).
i would have never even imagined bout checking my pants before sitting down...
i got the gum off yesterday using hot water.
i'm guessing it got stikier but it didn't stick to my seats. it just got rolled and so i picked it up and threw it out.
any wayz, thanx guys~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts