Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was warm today (and I was bored with time to kill) so I get the 6 out and gave her a bath after thrashing her [fizzle]ing tits off for a good hour.

Redlining 1st, 2nd and 3rd is so fun with the new motor. :tup: She will torque steer into 4th if shifted hard enough. :angel:

Pictures

Mmmm AWR 19mm sway bar.

Here's a walkaround video with the exhaust tone at idle

Here's a video of the engine bay. My camera picked up the noise from the fans more than anything. :tdown:

And a plethora of parts that I have been collecting for a while now. :angel: Let the jealousy begin! :p

Espec Headlights with corner lights (amber bulb covers removed)

King6 Passenger side poly motor mount and Espec mirror, and Espec headlight

Powder coated ZE manifold (I will be gutting the VRIS), Powder coated 67mm ZE throttle body, and powder coated fuel rails and valve covers

King6 tubular subframe connectors (These will probably end up powder coated either red or black)

Espec rear mud flaps (I also have fronts)

Espec Mirrors with slight tint to them

I have this sitting in the garage where the mx6 sleeps.

PMO tubular subframe (Not my picture but it is the same one I have)

SHOULD I LEAVE IT RED OR HAVE IT POWDER COATED BLACK??

When I have time/money I might have a second opinion on making these fit too.

Ksport pillowball mounts

WHAT NOW BITCHES??

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Theres something wrong with your car, for some reason you have two mirrors and two taillights, might wanna have a mechanic check that out lol. Looks good though! When are you gonna get all your parts put on, especially those headlights! I am considering putting e-specs on the wifes car.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
looking good Chef, where did you get all that E-spec stuff from? LOL

Looks great when its dripping in the sun!

Wish I could have given mine a bath today but this is what mine looks like

Worst snow for 20 years here, its making my life a misery. I have a ton of parts to fit on my 6 and have to get it in the workshop Tuesday. My list includes

Install front rotors, pads and calipers
Install rear rotors and pads
Install JDM rear spoiler brake light
Install new boot struts
Install full length CAI kit
Install wiper blades
Install Stainless sill plates
Install smoked fender markers
Check motor mounts and drop links + pull codes ready for vehicle inspection

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
^ loL , shameless thread jack

Looks good Chris, Can't wait to see the Especs installed. Any plans for putting any add-ons to the rear bumper? Looks a little odd from the side

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I only found out the other day that you guys dont get the front and rear addons. All the UK n j-spec cars i've seen have them. Should look good when fitted, I think they make the car look lower and will blend well with the LSI kit you have.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I like those mirrors, I must grab a set before I paint her now.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I like those rims, I can not blame you for looking at them I do every so often too... They are at the top of my list for swapping to right now.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah and I can get a set for $400 shipped, which isn't too bad.

The problem with aftermarket wheels is the "in" styles change so much. I think I am probably going to stick with silver wheels on my car. I liked the look of black wheels with a red pinstripe but I think it would get old after a while. If I get tired of the rx8 wheels I can always change their color.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Very true, just make friends with a few RX8 owners and wait till they get new rims they come along cheaply then lol.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
LOL, you got it.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
WOW nice house. :eek:
Cars looking great as well
:)

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW nice house. :eek:
Cars looking great as well:)
Ha, it's my parent's house. They bought a fixer upper with 7 acres of land because they wanted to downsize from their previous house and have more land. I live in (and pay rent for) an attached in-law suite with full kitchen and my own private bathroom. :tup: It works for now. I DO NOT want to rent again before I buy my own house. My only stipulations for my first house is a kitchen I can use and a garage for the 6.

That remind me of Radar's first MX-6.
This one? ;)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
E-specs > J-specs > A-specs

Nice looking car there chef. You are dedicated and hopefully i'm not banned before you get it all put together :jump:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts