Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought new wheels and tires from a Protege 5. They are 16"s with V-rated 195/50/ Dunlop tires.
And...brace yourself....I got all 4 rims and all 4 tires for the low low price of $270!!! Lemme repeat that, $270 for NEW rims and tires. The tires alone would cost much more than that, and a single rim is certainly at least $350 from the dealer.
I got this stuff off e-bay by way of the "buy it now" feature. Only drawback is my speedometer will be off by 2%, but I felt like it was still a great deal.

Understand, I do really like the stock rims but I need tires bad (yokos going bald), and I couldn't pass up new tires+rims for less than the price of the tires alone.

BTW they aren't chrome rims thankfuly.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
NICE!!! I love the rims on the Protege5. I would've tried to get them myself, but I didnt think I would ever find them for sale anytime soon. And for $270! Definitely post some pics, I want to see what they look like. I bet they look a helluva lot better than the stock rims.

·
Registered
449 Posts
dude you soooo lucked out!!!! That is an awesome deal. If you want to sell those rims, I'll buy'em from yah.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well keep an eye out on Ebay...seems like there are tons of Mazda dealers selling P5 rims lately. I don't know what they are putting on those cars instead, probably chromies. Oh well who cares why they're doing it, I got a deal. I'll post pics as soon as they ship them to me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, pics would be good:) Do those look like the 17's they offer? I'm not 100% sure I know what they look like. What I'm thinking of are some nice looking 5 spokes whick I think would look great on a 1st gen. Can't wait to see some pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts