Votes: 5 19.2%
  • FD RX7 wheels

Votes: 21 80.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i picked up a set of FD's today but im not sure if i want them or not they were an impulse buy :( so im not sure if i should keep these or get a set of 18's of the new mazda 6. I think the 6 wheels will look heaps better but im not sure. What do you guys think?

My FD's

Mazda 6 wheels

Edit: Just for an idea of the FD's

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
I find FD wheels to be quite boring on these cars. If they were painted differently, it would work with your car a bit better. THOSE FD rims, I'd pass on. While the Mazda 6 wheels dont offer the same lip/offset that would work great with your car, I'd say go that route. Its different, and FD rims on a '6 are all too common.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
the FD's. the color on them are awesome. plus the mazda6 wheels are ugly and too big for my liking

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I find FD wheels to be quite boring on these cars. If they were painted differently, it would work with your car a bit better. THOSE FD rims, I'd pass on. While the Mazda 6 wheels dont offer the same lip/offset that would work great with your car, I'd say go that route. Its different, and FD rims on a '6 are all too common.
X2. FD's are light and they look good but everyone has them. There are other OEM wheels that fit too.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yeah I dont like the options really. I would say if you have a slightly modified exterior thats lowered go with the FD's. It you have a body kit or something, neither save up and get some shinkas. But on a side note I LOVE the new 6. Too bad that body style did'nt have a mazdaspeed version

·
Registered
418 Posts
those mazda 6 wheels are ugly. new wheels like that just dont go with our older mx6's.

fd's or another route

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
I think the FDs look way better than those Mazda6 rims, probably fit better too, I'm not sure about the newer 6's but Neal's stock rims are like a +60 offset.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
True that, well said.

Can you get more pics of some Euro MAzda6's? They're so much nicer than the brutes we have here :mad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shinkas? A set of those mazda 6 rims sold on ebay the other week for $305 and they are +55 offset but are only 7 inchs wide so i need the same spacers as the FD's anyway

·
Registered
694 Posts
Paint 'em a dark bronze?:shrug: It would go well with your paint color, and bring out the wheel too! The dark grey kinda' hides them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like this?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think you should pick what you like by looks not by how many people have them. It is nice to be different but lets face it your not going to see another mx6 with fd's unless its a mx6 meet or pics on here. I think it all depends on what kind of look your going for. I think fd's give it a nice not to flashy look. If you are looking at factory mazda wheels you should look into miata wheels. Check out amd's m-edition he had them. I believe his user name was amdisthebest

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is this the car you are talking about? I have pics of most members cars. I do really like the idea of using oem mazda wheels.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having a hard time finding some tyres the correct size for the FD's. So far i found a set of toyo Proxes R888's on ebay but since the closest track is hundreds of km's away and i drive the six lots i don't think they would be the best tyre. It is 225/45R16 tyres i need isnt it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts