Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate my Firestone tires becasue they just suck!! Today when I was coming to work it was raining. My tires felt like they where not sticking to the road plus they would spin a bit when I would press that gas down. My tires only have 98 000km so their not warn down. Its just that my firestone tires suck. Does anyone elso hate firestone tires like me??

G

·
Yeah, those and Bridgestone (made by Firestone)

I HATE Bridgestone Potenzas too. I had 'em on my 94 Civic EX and had some on my MX-6 until last April (the stock ones). Even when they were in perfect shape, they SUCKED. The Toyo FZ4s I have now actually allow me to DRIVE in the rain, and to corner as the car should in the dry. I also experienced the same dramatic difference when I had my Civic EX and went from the stock Bridgestone Potenzas to Toyo 800 Plus's.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TOYO

Thats the tires I want to buy are Toyo. My friend has them on his type R and he sz their just amazing. I wonder how much they go for??

·
Registered
358 Posts
ACIDBURN said:
My tires only have 98 000km so their not warn down. Its just that my firestone tires suck.
Isn't 98 000km a lot for a set of tires? How could they not be worn down after this many k's?

G

·
Re: TOYO

ACIDBURN said:
Thats the tires I want to buy are Toyo. My friend has them on his type R and he sz their just amazing. I wonder how much they go for??
I got my FZ4 Proxes for $530 out the door (including balancing, valve stems, and tax) at Les Schwab last August. Keep in mind this is for 225/50 R15 87V. R16s or R17s will cost a bit more if you want them, and will make your speedo off a bit. Also, if you get lower profile tires than 50s then the price will be more too.

G

·
Mike 93LS said:
ACIDBURN said:
My tires only have 98 000km so their not warn down. Its just that my firestone tires suck.
Isn't 98 000km a lot for a set of tires? How could they not be worn down after this many k's?
Hmmmm... Mike's right, 98,000km is a lot of miles. This is around 60000-62000 miles, right? I typically get 45-55000 miles on tires that are guaranteed for 40,000 (which most tires are). Have you had your current tires checked for wear yet?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I THINK

I believe I did get them checked out by Mazda dealership last year sometime. Maybe I will get them checked out again. What is average KM to have your tires replaced?

G

·
Typically...about 70,000km

It depends on how you drive and where you drive (city or rural, highway or no) but, most tires will give about 40,000 to 50,000 miles of use if driven carefully (no burning the tires off). I guess this would be about 60-80,000km. Just as a benchmark, the Toyo Z800+ (this is not the kind I have--I've got FZ4 Proxes) is about the only tire I can think of that has a 100,000 mile warranty (about 160,000km). They're considered more a passenger tire than a performance tire though. Anyway, most tires (all types) come with a 30,000 to 50,000 mile warranty. Hope this helps.

G

·
I have firestone tires and i havn't had a problem with them in the rain other that cornering really hard they tend to push or oversteer, other than that they are pretty decent

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Acutally I have had good luck with Bridgestone Potenza RE930's. The handle pretty damn good for an H-rated tire. It was the best H rated tire in tirerack.com's reviews. I had them on my old mx-6 and I got a set on my current 626. I dont think they get any better than this!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts